Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/222/170

Height: 5,9"

Default Hi everyone

Hi, I'm Tracey from Wiltshire UK. Stumbled across the site earlier today (while having a real fat moment) and having read and chuckled my way around the site I thought I would give it a go.

My lovely partner proposed to me at the weekend (this brought on the fat moment) as I can't get a nice ring to fit my rather sausage like fingers so we have agreed not to look for a ring until I have achieved 28lbs loss which I want to get to by the end of May (everyone loves a challenge)

Dusted off the treadmill last night and with ipod in hand I went for it - at a mere 4 miles an hour but managed a jog for about 20 minutes - the last 5 minutes I have to admit I was clinging on to the bar as though my life depended on it so as not to get flung off the back but hey it adds to the excitement of it all - Doesn't it????

Only been dieting again for 4 weeks having got the fright of my life from the instruments of torture we call scales but I am determined to acheive my overall target.

Thats enough from me now, look forward to chatting to you all

Tracey x
Tracey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #2  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I have to say I laughed through most of that introduction, I love Brits! I look forward to more posts from you!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #3  

Welcome! Congratulations on your engagement- how exciting!

28 lbs. is doable for sure but trying to get there by the end of May is extremely unlikely- I've never heard of anyone losing 28 lbs. in 5 weeks. I don't say that to discourage you, the opposite really. If you set a goal that's too unrealistic then you feel like YOU failed even though you've tried so hard which causes you to give up. If you go check out the Maintenance forum you'll see that most of the people there got there by being consistent week after week after week. It's okay to set a big goal but it still needs to be possible.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #4  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

hello and welcome, nice to have you here... congrats on you weight loss so far, that is wonderful....
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/222/170

Height: 5,9"

Sorry, I only want to lose another 16lbs by the end of May have already done 12 I didnt make that bit very clear - oops
Tracey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome! Congrats on your loss so far and on your engagement. Be sure to check out the UK forum. I'm glad you are here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote