Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218.8/218.8/150

Height: 5'4

Default My "ah ha" moment - long

Hello All,

My name is Michelle and I live in Richmond Indiana with my husband of 7 years, Steven. I am 29, 5'4, and currently 218.8 lbs -- the heaviest that I've been in 7 years.

I was a weight watchers member until yesterday and before that I followed LAWL. I was very successful on LAWL and no so much on WW. I stumbled onto this website while doing some LAWL research online today and fell in love with the boards. My leader in WW asked a few weeks ago for people to share their "Ah Ha!" moment and I couldn't think of anything to say. I've had a love affair with food for as long as I can remember.

My ah Ha! moment happened on Saturday 4/18/09 while grilling steaks in the nice weather. I had a box of summer cloths that I had put away in 2007 when I was 180 and a size 10. I remembered at that time the struggle that I felt "because I hadn't made my goal weight in my allotted weeks". I'm a size 16 right now and I couldn't fathom that I was small enough to fit in these cloths. It was as if I was in a dream and these cloths were owned by someone else. Then it just hit me, these ARE my cloths and I can wear them again with a little time, effort, sweat, and tears.

I think that WW is a wonderful plan and has worked for many of my co-workers but it just wasn't for me. I firmly believe that anyone can use the WW way of life and lose but I think that I need a bit more structure to my plan.

I realized that I was insulating myself from life with food. My body had become my prison and that happy person in the size 10 shorts wanted to come out desperately. It is time to face those fears that helped me add back the weight that I had lost + some extra pounds found along the way.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with other members in this wonderful community and reaching my goals.

Signing off,

Michelle
zaandreea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Michelle, welcome! Ah yes, clothes. Sometimes it's looking at clothes in sizes you can no longer wear. Sometimes it's the realization that you have to buy a bigger size because you just can't squeeze into the size that you are used to wearing. But whatever the story, clothes can definitely lead to a defining "ah ha" moment! You'll find lots of support here, because we get it! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Michelle and welcome.

Make sure to make yourself at home on the boards. If there's anything we can help you with, just ask.

Last edited by srmb60; 04-20-2009 at 05:37 AM.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! You can do this!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote