Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/330/300

Height: 5'2"

Default New and Excited

Hello! I am Michelle (aka Makare). I am excited to join this forum. I am, as expected, trying to lose weight.

All my life I have been fat, because of that I have developed really serious physical problems and all the usual things associated with being very unhealthy. I have lived at about 300 lbs for many years and I have made only vague attempts at losing weight many times but with little to no conviction and no lasting commitment. I have simply lived the way I am, that was until about a month ago. I was starting to notice that things seemed different, clothes didn't fit right, my legs hurt more, I couldn’t sit or sleep comfortably. I went to the doctor for a blood test (yearly thyroid test) and I found out that in the last 6 months I had managed to gain 30 lbs.

It completely blew my mind. I thought to myself, Michelle how on earth did you manage to gain 30 lbs and not notice. That was when I realized that something is very very wrong with the way I am living my life. If I am going to save myself, I really need to change so I am trying. The problem is I have no idea what I am doing! I have decided to get back on the weight watchers plan (which I had been on before for about a week) and use that. It really seems like a good system for me. But I can’t afford meetings right now so I wanted to find some online support. I found this place. That is why I am excited to be here. I am happy to find a place with so many people who have shared experience with me. I hope that I am able to stick with my plan and help myself instead of hurting myself for once.

A little about me, I am a 25 year old college student. I am an English major and will be graduating in May. I applied and was accepted to law school last month so that is the big news in my life right now. I live in a dorm but my permanent residence is with my parents. I live with my mother and stepfather, 4 dogs, and 3 cats. I have a little sister who isn’t staying with us right now. Interest-wise, I love learning and research. I am always trying to find out new things. I love to read and I work part time at a Library. I am a serious movie and tv fan. Most of all in life I love to laugh. Nothing gives me more pleasure than enjoying humor and laughing with other people.

Well, that is probably all for now. I know this was a long first post but I didn’t know what a usual first post was like so I decided to wing it. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Makare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #2  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

welcome! we are very excited to have you here! congrats on makign the decision to buckle and realize it's time for change! that is the first step! you can and WILL do this! if not being able to afford weight watchers becomes an issues I would highly recommend checking into calorie counting! it's free, easy to learn and best of all not to restrictive! I've lost 35 lbs in 3 months just by counting my cals on thedailyplate.com! best of luck to you!!!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Congrats!

It's so great that you've decided to make that change. I'm Leah and I'm new too. I just recently made the desicion to change my life. I'm so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. Feel free to message me anytime!

Lots of luck and love!
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/169/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey Everyone,

I am also new as most of the people here! I have made the choice to also change my life for the better! I found this website actually though the "3 Fat Chicks and a Diet" book that I bought on the weekend. I have read almost half of the book and find it very inspiring!

About a year ago I was on LAWL diet and did loose 20 lbs. My mom and I did it but put our foot down when they pressured to do the bars. I tried them but didn't find them tasty. As well as in the middle of the diet I found that I had a life threatening allergy to tree nuts. (pretty difficult to deal with when trying to get different types of protein in throughout the day! I find that I fell off the wagon as I am now SICK of chicken every day for dinner or lunch).

I thought by coming on here I could get support to stay driving the wagon! I find that I just get bored of the same foods every day. I like to try new NUT FREE things to help aid in my weight loss!

I am devoted this time to keep going! I just need the extra PUSH!

P.S where do I get that tracker of the weight? I can't find where to put it in my posts here? Thanks in advance for the help
Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #5  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to all of you. Its great that you all have decided to change your lives for the better. We can all do this together!!! Good luck to you all!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote