Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Default Why not?

I've been reading and seeing with my own eyes the amazing stories in this forum since I came across it this morning!! And why not join and learn something from people that already had been successfully down the path that I just started?

I'm 32 yrs old and until giving birth I was always in good shape. Since I gave birth I got into what I call a "black hole" where I put my life on hold. My son was born with a heart condition and I believe that to be the root of my isolation and lack of interest about the way I look. It took me over a year to come to the realization that I've been killing myself slowly and finally those days are over: I joined Weight Watchers yesterday and today I found this forum.

I have never dieted in my life and I identify as my main problems the size of my portions, the amount of sugar (I have been a sugar junkie all my life), and lack of exercise. That's why I decided to join since I know I can learn from the members of this forum, specially from those who had the most amazing transformations.

My respect to you all.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi, well done on your Realization, not only of wanting to lose weight but identifying your key problems. If you can control portions/sugar/exercise you will so do it!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Congrats on your epiphany! You are right -- you have to take good care of yourself so you can be there 100% for your son.

This is a great site for support in part because the members emphasize a healthy, sustainable approach.

Welcome!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

I just started Weight Watchers agian for the second time! Good luck on your journey, you can do it!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 115/115/100

Height: 5'3"

I am so happy that you joined. You sound really cool. You are right, there are AMAZING stories here!

I know you'll be successful and meet your goals.

I love exercise, but binges are a huge problem for me.
mycousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #6  

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

@ Vixxi

How was your first time with them? I'm a little bit lost with the points system, trying to adapt my recipes to them. I guess it takes some time to get familiar with it.

@mycousin

I used to be very active but lazyness has reigned over me for quite a time. I need to start a basic routine, it's a shame I have a wonderful park around the corner.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm on Weight Watchers and have two sons myself. I hope your son's heart condition has been resolved, it must have been a horribly distressing time for you, I can't imagine. Good for you for getting a handle on your eating issues so quickly and welcome to the forum!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeesa View Post
I'm on Weight Watchers and have two sons myself. I hope your son's heart condition has been resolved, it must have been a horribly distressing time for you, I can't imagine. Good for you for getting a handle on your eating issues so quickly and welcome to the forum!
Thanks, Leeesa.

He had open heart surgery March 2008 and it was a success. Now he's big and full of energy.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I'm so glad you are here! Welcome!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

I'm so glad your son is doing great. I can't imagine going through that with my son, you are so brave. Welcome, I'm new too! I have a great feeling about this site and the endless support that comes from it. :]
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote