Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #1  
Life Is Good

S/C/G: 235/219/165

Height: 5'5''

Red face Kinda Newish

Hey everyone, I've been coming to 3FC's since I had my son (2.5 year ago!) I didn't sign up as a member until a couple months ago.

I have been overweight since I was 8 years old. I had short times during my teenage and college years when I starved myself down to being "chubby".
When I met my husband, I weighed 165lbs... 2 years later, I got pregnant..Somehow I had crept up to 213lbs by the time I found out I was going to be a mommy. Within two weeks of having Aidan, I was down to 205.

6 weeks later, I started South Beach, started working out and got down to 187.... My weight has bounced from 165-220 since I was 14, But I think its safe to say, that I've spent the most time being in the 180's...I think that I feel "safe there"..There was always the desire to lose about 50 more pounds..But I didn't feel as bad as I do at 220.... Anyway, I let myself go, went through a lot of stressful changes and somehow here I am back at 220, all in a years time!!!

I started working out at the gym 4-5 days a week this past December. I've dropped from 227 to 222... I feel MUCH better, I was eating better, my outlook on life is much more positive after all of my working out and I'm starting to tone up...

But....I have been busting my bum and I'm ready to see RESULTS! So I started Slim-Fast this week.

I can honestly say, that this time, I my heart and my head are in the right place..And I am in this for the long haul.

In the past when I've tried to lose weight, I've done it for all the wrong reasons; for an event, for a man, etc... This time its FOR ME. I'm not doing this for anyone or anything else!

And for the first time, I'm making all of the pieces fall into place thru all of my hard work with dieting, working out, drinking water, taking vitamins, getting enough sleep, not being stressed and LIVING MY LIFE FOR ME.

I may not know when i'll reach my goal, but I know that I will put one foot in front of the other until I get there!
aidansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

Glad you are here. It is hard to make that choice for ourselves, and it can be even harder keeping ourselves focused when there is no end goal, so it is great to have support. Welcome to 3FC!
paperSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3fc!! Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote