Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/135

Height: 5'4

Smile Burnt Out, Looking to Re-Ignite

I see there are lots of other new peeps joining in today..so I might as well jump in too.
A few years ago I low carbed my way down to being 40 pounds slimmer then I was. I have spent the past year putting 20 back on. I am just kind of burnt out on dieting and especially very low carb. I am soon to be 46, and I am finding out that my body is more reluctant to lose the weight than it once was.
So I am trying to focus on eating lots more fruits and veggies, tracking all my food, and working out at least 4 times per week. It has been a couple of weeks, and so far I am feeling pretty good. But, the scale is not doing a whole lot yet. I am hoping that hanging out around here will get me fired up again about making my health a priority, and making better choices.
I am looking forward to meeting many of you... Heres to success in 2009!!
Summerbreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/142/150

Height: 5'11"

Hey! I too was burnt out from dieting, and I highly suggest the book Intuitive Eating. It did wonders for me.
jessisaokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Summerbreeze63! I love your user name! You have joined some wonderful people here as I have come to meet in the last 2 weeks. There is so much inspiration alone here to get you in the right state of mind. Nice to meet ya and keep in touch!
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

I got burnt out on Atkins too and put about half my weight back on--I wish that hadn't happened but there it is and there's nothing that can be done but to start again---sometimes I have to start again every single day---argh!

So I've modified it a bit and I think that helps, as I love fruit much more than veggies but low carb works better for me as weight loss.

Good luck!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #5  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!!

Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. I'm glad you're here!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote