Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2009, 04:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Everything is bigger in Texas, including my butt.

Hello everyone. I came across this website while searching for weight loss options. I am 25 and ready to make a change for life. I'm still unsure as to what method I will be trying. I've thought about weight watchers.
Currently I'm on day 2 of a cleansing type jump start known as the sacred heart diet(not originated by any hospital). I can say that I'm not sure if I can get through 7 days of the same soup. Honestly the more I think about it, this "diet" seems ridiculous.

I hope that by talking with other women sharing my struggles that I can keep this new found motivation. I really want to make a change in my life for my emotional and physical well being. I look at my 2 year old and I just know that it's time to make a change. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day ladies.
branbran25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #2  

Oops, I didn't mean to put a sad face. It was suppose to be a smiley
Old 02-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

HI and welcome to 3FC!! this is the best place for support and information. Oh gosh, I don't think I could have 7 days of soup either

take a look around at all the groups, hopefully you will find a place where you will want to visit every day
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Surf around and settle in. We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. Check out the 20 something forum!

I'm not familiar with the sacred heart soup plan. I'd encourage you to make changes you can stick with the rest of your life---lean proteins, fruits, veggies, healthy fats, complex carbs. We need to eat to be healthy and our bodies need proper nourishment to lose weight. I know that if I get to hungry, all bets are off and I eat very poorly, so I eat lots of healthy foods to keep me full and satisfied.

Check out the calorie counting forum. We have a WW forum too! Good luck!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #5  

You are completely right. I just need to tell myself that there aren't any lose weight overnight diets that are going to work for me. It's a lifestyle change , one that I will stick to for life.
Luckily I eat healthier now than I ever have and I've lost almost 30 lbs since my highest weight during my pregnancy. I just still have a lot more to go to be as healthy as I know I can be. Thanks for the welcome and the advice!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #6  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

hey there! welcome! i'm sure you'll fit right in around here. everybody ROCKS in this place!!

and yeah, i would ditch the soup... it sounds like madness...
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #7  

I'll second the ditch the soup recommendation. I've learned from the ladies here a lot about patience with weight loss. If you want to do something you can live with, it's going to require some experimentation to learn what your specific body wants/needs etc. and what works for you. And that takes a little time.

You don't need a specific book or plan, though they can be helpful as a place to start. My rule is that I don't eat anything I couldn't eat long term.

WW is a good 'plan' to start with because no foods are off limits and they teach you portion control. I loosely follow the 'Eat 2 Get Fit' recipe plan because everything is stuff I make at home and portioned out to my specific calorie needs.

I've followed their food ratios long enough now that I've learned how to tweek my own recipes to fit within the meal alotments of fats/proteins/carbs and calories. Once I learned how to do THAT I realized I really could LIVE this way because now I know how to adapt the foods I love to eat to fit my needs- but it's been a learning process.

A great book to teach you how to listen to your own body is called 'Burn the Fat, Keep the Muscle" by Tom Venuto. It's an e-book but it's the most comprehensive book on fat loss I've ever read. I'd highly recommend it to you. Nothing radical in there but some amazing tools are laid out that work so well for me- when I use them (which is a whole different post).

If you want to get the weight off and keep it off, you have to be an engaged learner- not just a follower of some plan. You can follow a plan AND be an engaged learner but I'm talking about being an active, thinking participant. Notice how different foods make you feel. For example, I've found if I have protein in my morning meal, I stay satisfied much longer and it helps me stay on track. That won't be true for everyone but it is for me. Make it your goal to get to know your body and it's needs and the weight will come off and stay off.

In my opinion, the people most likely to fail and yo-yo (which has certainly been me in the past) are those who just want to be told what to do (knowledge) without gaining an understanding of the how and why it works/ doesn't work for them (wisdom).
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #8  
Anna77

S/C/G: 191/185/125

Height: 5'3"

The soup plan! EEEK! been there, done that. I think I lasted maybe 3 days on it. I have a friend that lost 10 lbs on it but that's all she had to do to get from skinny to super skinny.

One thing that struck me in your post that relates to something a friend said a few weeks ago. She's just lost 70 lbs and is feeling very good about herself these days. Her comment that struck home was, I cant believe I let myself be fat and feel miserable about it for so much of my life.

You are so young-that's such a huge plus, that 25 yr old metabolism. Maybe the soup plan will work for you. If it's too hard to stay on, I hope you'll check out some plans that offer more long term help.
Anna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #9  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

LOL, Welcome! I think they grow pretty big butts in Florida too! LOL
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #10  

Glad you found us! I look forward to seeing you around the forums!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote