Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5'11

Default Need a little push...

Hey everyone! I stumbled upon this website while googling healthy recipes and i laughed at the name because it made me think of me and my two sisters, after reading some of the posts decided i could use a little motivation myself. Ive currently lost about 20-30lbs (Im guessing as im not really sure) after the end of a 4 year relationship i was in. I needed a new start and started walking again and eating less. It was slow going but peoples reactions to even the small change was big. I slowly lost motivation to continue loosing but was able to maintain and now i need a lil PUSH to get me started again. I would like to set my FIRST goal at loosing another 30lbs. Im currently a size 18. The family is planning a vacation at the end of May and want to at least be a size 16 by then! Im a tall girl which has been a good and bad thing. I can carry more weight that most woman, but its also been my excuse for weighing more. Me and my sister recently have been doing the Biggest Loser cardio max workout dvd every day, and walking. My other sister and i have started bike riding on Sunday mornings. We were able to ride for 14 miles the first Sunday out and want to continue pushing ourselfs further. Ive always considered myself a fairly active person. I like to walk, and be outdoors. I just cant seem to get where i want to be. HELP!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

*Push* There you go, now run Forrest, run! lol

Welcome! I just joined and I'm so happy I did. This board really does have support for just about anyone and any part of your journey. With your attitude, you'll definatly make your goal.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #3  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Hey hey. Welcome to 3FC. I think that fact that you LIKE being active and outdoors is awesome. I hope you're successful with your weight loss, and I hope you make it to fab 16 by May If you don't though, don't get discouraged because every pound lost is another one not gained AM I RIGHT?!

Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!! Surf around and settle in. We have subforums based on age, eating plans, exercise, and more!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you found us too! 3FC is a GREAT site for support and accountability!
Post often!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:19 PM   #6  

Thanks, ive spent hours reading thru threads and im excited to see what WE can do.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:54 PM   #7  
Jen <3

S/C/G: 170.5 / 170.5 / 125

Height: 5'1

Hi, I'm Jen.. just started here, just started Jenny Craig a week ago, told the Jenny Craig thread how discouraged I'm feeling.. I'm trying to get the push to keep going..

some days are just tougher than others..
LoisLane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #8  
On my way...

S/C/G: 214.6/214.6/180

Height: 5'4.5

I CAN RELATE TO AL THE POSTS THIS DIET THING IS LIKE A BAD RELATIONSHIP SOMETIMES YOUR UP(LITERALLY) SOMETIMES YOUR DOWN.iTS CRAZY,THIS WEEK i WEIGH 6 POUNDS LESS THAN WHAT I WEIGHED LAST WEEK WHICH IS AWESOME,BUT I HAVE BEEN HERE B4 AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE 1ST DAY I EAT A FEW THINGS THAT MAYB I SHOULDNT I WILL GAIN IT BACK W/INTEREST!GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.
cutebutthick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #9  
On my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Glad you found us too! 3FC is a GREAT site for support and accountability!
Post often!
WOW!!!!you have really done well you were exactly where I was and are 130lbs,I dont want to be that small but I know it must feel soooo good.Well congrats to you.How long did it take you and what have you done to maintain and actually get all the weight off?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #10  
On my way...

Ive currently lost about 20-30lbs (Im guessing as im not really sure) after the end of a 4 year relationship i was in.

I know about that after break up weight.I felt so bad but I looked so good I was 30lbs lighter myself and the minute I started dating(going out to eat and movies)I got happy and gained it ALL back now I'm trying to get like I was and not because of stress this time.Well,welcome to you and this site is truly inspirational to me.Hope it is to u as well.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutebutthick View Post
Ive currently lost about 20-30lbs (Im guessing as im not really sure) after the end of a 4 year relationship i was in.

I know about that after break up weight.I felt so bad but I looked so good I was 30lbs lighter myself and the minute I started dating(going out to eat and movies)I got happy and gained it ALL back now I'm trying to get like I was and not because of stress this time.Well,welcome to you and this site is truly inspirational to me.Hope it is to u as well.

Yeah its alot harder than some people think. I got extra motivation from the fact that my ex was getting fatter and i was getting thinner! Good luck!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #12  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for your kind words!!!
My plan:
I count calories.
I exercise (moderately) 5 days (or more) each week
I eat "clean" (whole foods, lots of veggies, healthy fats)
I drink lots of water
I eat 6 small meals each day
I come to 3FC daily for support and help
I balance my eating (40/30/30)
I balance my life - mind, body, spirit each day

Notice that those are all present tense. I do the exact same thing to maintain that I did to lose 93 lbs. I just added in more calories at maintenance level.

The cool thing about lifestyle changes, instead of diets, is that you never go "on" and "off". You learn new ways of doing things and just live your life

You can do this! It isn't hard. Make one change, sustain and continue it. Repeat process.
The maintainers here are wise women (and men). There is a whole maintenance forum. Reading some of the stickies over there really helped me realize that I COULD become a maintainer. Their mantra over there - "progress, not perfection is the goal".

Last edited by CountingDown; 02-01-2009 at 02:52 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200+/200+/155

Height: 5'6

Default Feel the burn Baby!!

Great Job Sister!! You are doing great on your fitness routine. Great job on walking every Monday,Wednesday, and Friday. Let's not forget walking 2 miles in the rain with some strange animals. NOW THAT TAKES GUTS!! How about biking up-hill for 10 miles!! AT least the down-hill wasn't that bad! Keep up the good work and we will both be in shape in no time!!!!!
Gaskins726 is offline   Reply With Quote