Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #1  
Health Nut Wannabe

S/C/G: 160/145/135

Height: 5'7"

Default The New Girl!

Hello everyone! I figured this would be the best place for a formal introduction before I start putting in my 2-cents worth on other forums and posts.

My name is Brittany and I didn't have a weight problem at all until I was 15. In fact, I spent most of my childhood underweight and hearing people tell me that I needed to eat more! When I turned 15, all that eating caught up with me. In a hurry.

I'm 5'7" and I believe that, at my peak, I weighed around 165. I looked much bigger than I actually was, though, due to abnormally large breasts. A severely crooked spine helped me convince my insurance company that they needed to pay for a breast reduction, which I received in 2004 when I was 20 years old. After recovery, I became much more active...the breast reduction allowed me to be active and wear clothes that really inspired me to lose the weight.

I've struggled with it ever since. I'll lose, then gain. I've tried my fair share of fad diets, magic pills and meal replacement products. I don't want to "diet" anymore....
I just want to be healthy, and I know that I will lose weight in the process.

At my thinnest, I weighed in at 135 and it was the perfect size for me. I am trying to get back to it. BUT - no more dieting!

I have changed my lifestyle to a healthy one. My goal is to workout every morning (I usually get in at least 4 to 5 days a week). I do 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and roughly 30 minutes of weight training. Eating crap, junk, or fat is a special occasion. I eat sushi, vegetables, fruit and kashi products on a regular basis, but since I'm NOT DIETING, I feel free to eat out or have my favorite dessert when the opportunity presents itself. I count calories, fat grams, protein, carbs and fiber but NOT for the purpose of limited myself. I count all those things for the purpose of being aware of what is going into my body...although sometimes, I do use the numbers to explain to myself why asparagus for dinner is a better idea than McDonald's!

I changed to this new healthy lifestyle in August 2008 and I've lost 13 pounds. I'm not in a hurry to lose the rest...it's not a race...just a lifestyle.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this site about healthy foods, low-cal foods, low-fat foods, high fiber foods and anything else that will help me on my quest to the perfect level of physical health!
Die2BHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #2  
No description available.

Wow! You have such a great plan!! Welcome to 3FC! Surf around. We have subthreads based on age, plans, exercise, and more. Come see us in the weight training forum! Oh, and don't forget maintenance!! This is for the rest of your life (right?) and if you are keeping a single pound off, you are a maintainer. Also check out the featherweights!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, this is a great plan! I agree with Midwife's suggestions...look for our forums by age range, eating plan, etc. And do check out the Featherweights, for those starting out fairly close to their goal weights.

Can't wait to get to know you better.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote