Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #1  

Default UK Newbie saying ello

Hi

As of last night i need to lose 241lbs and apart from joining slimming world i have no idea where start. I am just getting over a broken leg so can't really walk and have just bought to my shame a DVD for older people to excersise in a chair for the time being but i feel like i am faced with such a huge wall.

To make matters worse and thisis the real kicker...... I actually like who i am as a person and the body i am in...what i dont like is the limitaions in movement, life etc i now suffer grrrrrrrrrrrrr any ideas etc most welcome

Tarnya

xxxx
Tarnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tarnya bummer on the broken leg! But don't let that stoo you from losing weight. I am counting calories and eating 1800 cal a day and also I am on the Alli diet and it is working so far.

I started Dec1 at a gym and when I started I couldn't do 15 minutes on an elliptical machine, 2 months later I can run at full speed for 60 minutes so your body can adapt very quickly.

You can work your upper body until your leg heals. Movement is movement and it will burn calories maybe not as much as running or walking but every little bit help!

Limiting your calorie intake is where you'll burn calories. And I have learned that even though I am eating smaller portions (meals under 400 calories) I eat 4 times a day with two snacks and I am never hungry.

I wish you luck you can do it!

Last edited by flatiron; 01-28-2009 at 12:12 AM.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Welcome Tarnya.

Why don't you start by writing a list of what you want to do and what stops you from doing these. If its because of your size then you have your reasons for wanting to lose weight. Keep this list handy and when times get tough remind yourself why you want to do this.

Also start with a small goals, don't focus on the whole or it will seem overwhelming. Studies have shown that just a 10% reduction in weight is beneficial for your health.

I also found looking at success stories in the Goal and Mini-Goal section to be inspiring. These prove that long-term weightloss is achieveable.

Hope this helps you get started.

BW

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote