Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/236/150

Height: 5' 7"

Arrow Breaking habits and here for support!

Let's see, where do I start? I guess I should just lay it all out there, so here goes.

My name is Heather and I have lived with dysfunction all my life. My father molested my sister when I was 11-years-old which led to my mother attempting suicide multiple times. Needless to say, I had no boundaries or support from anyone as a child and really had to look after myself, my little brother and my mother.

That said, I married the first jerk I could find and gave birth to twin girls when I was 19-years-old and a son when I was 22-years-old. Soon after I divorced my worthless husband and lived as a single mother for the next five years.

I met my current and wonderful husband almost 4 years ago. We had our fourth and final child 2-years-ago.

Ever since I was 15, I turned to marijuana to ease the stress of my life, only abstaining when I was pregnant and nursing. Well, with the support of my husband, I am now 107 days clean and working hard everyday to stay sober.

Now, you would think that I would have had problems overeating while smoking pot, and you would be right. But it seems that it has only gotten worse as I turned to food to replace my habit and I gained 30 pounds in 107 days!

I have managed to kick my smoking habit cold turkey and now I am working ever so hard to break my emotional overeating. For my well-being and the well-being of my family, I have made a commitment to live my life rather than run from it.

My husband and I bought a treadmill for our Christmas gift to each other. I am walking 3 miles a day and watching what I eat. I have never been successful with the fad diets out there. So, my short term goal is to keep exercising daily and eat in moderation. I am documenting everything I eat and drink during the day which I found has made it easier for me to resist temptation. I purposefully do not own a scale. I plan to weigh myself once a month at my in-laws house. I feel easily discouraged when my weight fluctuates.

So, here I am. Raw and uncut. I apologize for airing all my dirty laundry, but it feels good to get it all out there. I appreciate the support and am looking forward to success!

Sincerely,

Heather

Last edited by EirBear; 01-13-2009 at 01:04 AM.
EirBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/233/170

Height: 5'6"

Hey Heather...

Wow! That's a lot of bollocks. Sorry to hear about all your struggles. Congrats on ditching the weed though.

Emotional overeating? What do you currently have to be emotional about? Anything going on in your current situation?

Anyways, my name is Sabrina (hence the name). 24 years old from California. Nice to virtually meet you. Send me an e-mail sometime if you need to talk.

- Sabrina

Last edited by sabrinaforless; 01-14-2009 at 08:39 AM.
sabrinaforless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Heather -

Most people are here at 3FC because they too do not want to start a fad diet. Rather we're all finding & working on plans that will help change what we're doing for the rest of our lives! Just like you.

Congrats on going with the treadmill! And it's wonderful to hear that you're tracking your food. Those are two changes that you can definitely stick with and that will help you in the long run.

Don't apologize for airing dirty laundry. This is the one place many of us have to share in this journey with others. It can get pretty raw.

There are many areas around, sections by different ages, or by amount of weight to lose, there are some challenge threads, too. Post where you're comfortable and connect with people following similar plans

You'll find a lot of advice and support.

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am so happy you have ditched the drugs. That was a wonderful decision as is what you are doing now with your dieting and exercise. You can do this. Food can't fix our problems--I learned that and it seems you have to. Make 2009 YOUR year.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #5  
No description available.

Hi Heather!

I'm glad you're here.

You have been through a lot. I applaud your strength and resiliency. Congrats on the treadmill (I'm jealous!). It sounds like you have a great plan. I look forward to getting to know you!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/236/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Sabrina,

It seems that I am just plain emotional about everything. The only conclusion I seem to come to is that I have bottled up 15 years of emotions and can no longer contain them.

Thanks for saying hi! Nice to meet you too.

Heather
EirBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 350/320/299

Height: 5'8"

I quit smoking about a year ago and in 6 months, I gained 25 pounds. So, I actually started smoking again, to lose the weight. So far I have lost 30k pounds,and I am still going. I still need to lose a lot more. I know it's just trading one habit for another, but I couldn't stand gaining anymore weight. It was getting hard to move.
amygotgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #8  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

HI! There are no problems with airing dirty laundry. In fact I think you will make others more comfortable with theirs. Bravo on putting it out there. I am always looking for dependable buddies. Just shoot me a message if you want a buddy.
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote