Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

Talking Chubby Bunny. :)

Wowza! I expected this introductary thing to be one thread, and every response was a new member intro! I'm not sure how the standard intro goes around here, so I'll just be myself with this.

My name is Lindsey, and I totally love myself. (in a non narcississtic way)
I believe I'm beautiful no matter what. The fact of the matter is, I want to be a healthier person, mind, BODY, and soul. I'm going to have a family of my own soon, and I need to be my healthiest for them, and I need to know how to help them be their healthiest.

I am a youth group leader at my church. I love those kids with all my heart. Helping people and being a good listener has always been something I've loved. I love making people happy.

As far as this weight loss world goes, I've been all over the place with my weight. I take medication for Epilepsy that causes excessive weight gain, but I must admit I'm not the healthiest eater nor am I the biggest exerciser. I have a 75-day package of Wu-Yi Source, but after that, I will be completely on my own.

I currently weigh 265 lbs. at 5 foot 5, and I am 21 years old. For those of you that might not now, that is morbidly obese. (I ABHOR that label) Diabetes, depression, and heart conditions run in my family. I want to make sure to be there for my grandchildren.

So whaddya say? You guys in to help me be the best me that I can be?!

redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/233/170

Hey Lindsey,

Oh man "abhor" that's pretty bad. lol Yeah I'm considered morbidly obese too. I weight 233, it's the balls. I think that's a terrible label, I guess I wouldn't be so offended if it was just the word obese. Heh.

There are a lot of health risks in my family too. Every time I dig into something greasy and yummy I think, "Better start saving up for that bypass surgery." After Christmas I was just disgusted with the amount of cookies I ate... I kept telling myself to stop and then the devil side of me is like, "Go ahead, it's just 1 more - splurge!" Bah. Terrible.

Anyways, it's a near year and what better time to take control of unhealthy eating habits. Therefore, good luck!
sabrinaforless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you found us! 3FC is a great resource for working on all 3 areas - mind, body, and Spirit!

Come join us on the Christian Encouragers thread

I look forward to getting to know you better
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/184/140

Height: 5'4 When I stretch :)

Hi Pretty . Its nice to meet you. I'm just about to turn 21, so we are around the same age. How fortunate for us that we decided to change for the better so early! Tell me how you ike that Wu Yi, I'm an avid tea drinker so I have to admit I've been curious
CookieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/275/168

Height: 5'7

What a great attitude you have, wish I could be half as upbeat.

I am a newbie too, I started weightloss 'on my own' on 12 Oct at 299 pounds (!!!! argh) and am currently at 274 pounds (5'7") - so still have some way to go too.
Yeah I have that expression 'morbidly obese' too.

I too would like to improve my health not only for me but also for my young son (18 months) and my hubby and I also have breast cancer in the family (mum and sis) so need to really get cracking on keeping the weight off.

Really need some help and inspiration too to keep on the straight and narrow.

am originally from the UK but currently living in Egypt, in a large village about halfway between Alexandria and Cairo - the hardest thing about dieting here is that they don't really sell many 'diet' products to eat/drink which is a real bummer, and when you do find something once in a while like a diet coke its twice the price of an ordinary coke. And water is SOOOOOOOOO boring!
Best of luck to you Lindsey.

Stella x
LivingInEgypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Thanks for all the encouragement!

I'm so excited about this, however I must admit, it will be hard. My oh-so-loving boyfriend loves food almost as much as he loves me. He is very supportive of me, but he also makes sure that I know that he thinks I'm absolutely beautiful in the body I have now.

I have talked to him about how I want us both to be healthier, and for our future children (and his daughter) to be healthy, too...and he agrees.

My first big possible roadblock will be coming up Wednesday...IHOP! I know I will be ok, though.
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote