Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #1  

Default I Want My Neck Back!!!!!

I've posted here before and I drop in to check everyone's progress and I'm so proud of everyone. You all have really done a good job taking control of you life and winning the weight battle. I keep starting and stopping starting and stopping. This is it!! FOR REAL this time. I DON'T HAVE A NECK!!! Where did it go??? I looked at a few pictures I took on Friday and my neck has merged with my face. I've been struggling with my weight for the past 8 years. Up and down Up and down but I always had a neck. I'm 5'2 and 183.8 (as of this morning). I've been successful with the SouthBeach diet before. I lost 18lbs. I went from 178 to 160. Oh that loss last about 5 mins before I knew it, I was 165 then 175 and now 183. Are you serious???? Is what I've asked myself. I maintained for a couple of years between 135 and 145 but that was over 8 years ago. The last 8 years I've been anywhere from 185 (my highest) to 150. I used to work out religiously. Now, not so much. I have an Nordatrack Elliptical machine. EXCELLENT piece of equipment and I can't stay consistent. My goal is to workout 1st thing in the mornings since this has always been the best strategy for me. I started Monday with 25 mins. Thats all my body would allow. I'll continue at 25 mins for 2 weeks then increase by 10 min. The eating........what got me here in the first place. I'm back on The Beach. I feel better eating less sugar. I feel lighter and actually have more energy. Crazy, huh? Maybe its not the diet but the exercise for the past 2 days Anyway wish me luck as I embark on this journey. Seriously 50lbs has got to go!!!!! I can't take anymore........I lost my neck!!!
SkinnyChallenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #2  
No description available.

Aw, honey! I'm sorry you lost your neck. Here lemme help you look for it!

Seriously, sounds like you have a great plan. You know your way around so settle back in. Have you considered adding strength training to your exercise? I find a lot of people plateau around 160 (it's the Bermuda triangle of weight loss), and weight training might help you bust through that if it happens again. Welcome back!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Skinny - Hey there! I'm glad your here! I know what you mean about constantly stuggling with your weight for years and it constantly going up and up and up....don't worry girl...you'll get that neck back! Along with sexy arms and all kinds of other goodies!

There are all different kinds of subforums from exercise to different diets to support groups to challenges you can sign up to participate in!

Just look around and jump on in!

McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Aw, honey! I'm sorry you lost your neck. Here lemme help you look for it!

Seriously, sounds like you have a great plan. You know your way around so settle back in. Have you considered adding strength training to your exercise? I find a lot of people plateau around 160 (it's the Bermuda triangle of weight loss), and weight training might help you bust through that if it happens again. Welcome back!

Thanks!!

My goal is to start back with my trainer when I reach 160. Weights are his thing and my enemy He'll definetly help me through the plateau. My first goal is 160. I had a neck then
Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #5  

This morning I got on the scale and I was 181.2 Progress is being made

For 7 days I've worked out on my Elliptical for 25 mins and made conscious decisions on food.

Saturday, before I went to the bar to watch the football game, I ate some chicken and brocolli before I left the house so that I wouldn't fall to the temptation of "bar food". I'm so proud of myself for that I could just hug me

The working out in the morning has always worked for me. I feel stronger and more awake as well as I make better food choices.

Last edited by SkinnyChallenged; 01-12-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #6  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

good job at hopin back o n the wagon! YOU'll DO IT THIS TIME! WOOT WOOT!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamherrera View Post
good job at hopin back o n the wagon! YOU'll DO IT THIS TIME! WOOT WOOT!
Thanks!!