Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/160/140

Height: 5'5

Talking Hi all i'm new

Hi my name is sarah. i will be 27 years old next month. i have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy. Married for almost 10 years.........I have been struggling w/ my weight since my 1st child was born 9 years ago. I weighed in at 230lbs last year so i decided i needed a change. I wanted to lose 90 lbs to get down to 140.....i am 5'5. I am down to 184 lbs right now so i lost 46 lbs so far...I have been watching what i have been eating.....i did cut out my danger foods at 1st ( my breads, pastas, sweets, rice and potatoes) just until i could control myself....lol....i drink alot of water but i do treat myself to a diet soda every now and then.....i have put some bread back in but it is light bread...........recently found a great website w/ great recipes its hungrygirl had a chili dog the other night that was only 106 calories...........lol.....I also make sure i exercise.......i do pilates everyday for 20-25 minutes.........its great and has helped strengthen up flabby areas!....I tried the treadmill but i dont like it...so the pilates are great it is something i can keep up with!.....I am excited that i am halfway there! I was hoping to make new friends on here........its great to find others that have struggled with weight problems! I am actually hoping to lose the extra 44 lbs by june because I am a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding............wish me luck! Havea great day all and good luckto everyone!
srburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Sarah - and congratulations on your losses so far!

We have a great Calorie Counters forum here, as well as groups by age range (like the 20-somethings) and amount to lose. Look around! You're sure to find a spot or many where you fit in perfectly.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome, Sarah! Sounds like you have found some behaviors that are working really well for you. Settle in and make yourself at home.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on all you've done so far, and good luck as you keep going! I'm sure you'll like it here -- it's a great place!
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #5  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

welcome! I just joined this forum a few days and am loving it so far - the support is amazing! I'm also counting cals so if you need a friedn I'm here! I'm always looking for other friends too! congrats on your loss so far! I've only lost 15 lbs but its' a start! here's to us making it!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote