Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2009, 04:51 AM   #1  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Red face hoping to win the battle of the lard in 09

Hi there,

I don't know anyone here just yet, but am looking to make a few WL buddies. I am active on other, unrelated boards but want to keep the battle of the lard to a more helpful board/blog area...

I've always been a big girl, but I also carry it deceptively well for the most part -- I don't get a lot of flack or feel horrible about it until I find myself over about 230, which is when my body starts to fall apart and I feel overwhelmed as the pounds pile on. I am currently at my highest weight (280.. gag)... again. I lost 60 lbs over the course of about 2 years, through Atkins-style torture/dieting. The results were slow going (and plateaued after that point) and the deprivation of carbs made for a lot of temptation. I managed to maintain that amount for about a year. A couple health issues sabotaged my weight for a few months in 2007 and that was enough for me to get bummed out and stop trying.. and before I knew it, I'd gained it all back in a little over a year. I'd really like to make this a year of major improvement, and get healthy before I hit 30. In my mind (and for my build), being about 180 qualifies as skinny. I'd be awfully happy to get out of the dreaded 200's and become a lot more active.

Since my biggest excuse is usually not having enough time to cook and resorting to eating out half the week, I am looking into some of the diet meal delivery plans. I work long hours and if I had something healthy to heat up at work without the stress of planning and cooking it prior, that would be a huge help. I have been googling the various plans like crazy for a couple weeks. Money is tight for me for the next month, so I am toying with the prospect of doing Medifast for a month-ish to get things going.. and then switching to something like Bistro MD for a nice long stretch. Any promo codes or opinions for these (or similar) plans would be most welcome

Anyhow, thanks for reading and feel free to drop me a line

-M
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:05 AM   #2  
=D

Hey there, M, and welcome to 3FC !

You've come to the right place for weight loss support.

It can be really hard to plan a lifestyle around a busy work schedule - but good on you for wanting to make this lifestyle change for the better.

There's sub-forums here that you might find interesting:
Bistro MD thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132944

Medifast forum:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223

Also, there's a 20-somethings sub-forum where you'll fit right in:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Be sure to check out the exercise forum, too - there's always a chance yo'll pick up some great tips from the chicks down there!

I hope you stick around - and best of luck with your weight loss efforts.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there M,

Mazza has covered it pretty much! There's also a 100 lb Club section where there are some lads & ladies looking to lose 100 lbs or more. There are so many areas Please just take your time, look around & post wherever you feel comfortable.

I understand the need to lose a lot of weight, the small changes you make now will add up over time.

Please just know that you can do this! Best of success!

Last edited by Lovely; 01-07-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #4  
wiggle and jiggle b gone

S/C/G: SW 180/ see tracker/ GW 145

Welcome aboard, you've come to a great place for inspiration and support. One day at time and sooner or later you'll be there at your goal.
wvugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #5  
No description available.

Hi M! I look forward to seeing you around the boards!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 AM   #6  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone, for your warm welcome and support
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote