Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5'4

Red face Another newbie! Hello folks!

Yes, another newbie. I've been lurking around for a little while, doing some reading. And today I decided to join the forum. This looked like a great group, with some friendly helpful people! This isn't the first time I've needed to lose some weight and get back in shape, but it is the most I've ever needed to lose. Here is a little background... I was lucky till I was in my 30's and never had to watch my weight closely. I would pick up 5 or 10 then drop it with a little food moderation. Then I gained a few more, then lost it. I lost it by moderation and hitting the pavement with my pup. We would go out for 2 to 3 mile runs every night and the weight fell of easily and I felt great, looked great!! Then I got Plantar Ficiatus (sp) and had to stop running because it was just too painful. I picked up a little weight again but not much. Then at 40 my dr. put me back on the pill, and I blew up like a balloon!! I must have gained 30 pounds in 4 to 6 months! Menopause hit, and I have found a fondness for cooking. Combine it all and wow,do I need to get in shape!! Add to that, I just really realized, I'm going to be 50 in a few months. So I need to get this off now, it only gets harder from what I've heard. So I'm looking to lose about 50 pounds, get in good physical shape again so I can garden, play with my dogs and do all the things I love to do but don't have the energy for anymore. Not to mention, I've been lucky so far with no health problems, but at my age I know things will start to show up and break if I don't correct this soon. Right now my plan is to count calories, exercise and get on the path. I sit behind a desk all day on a computer so I really need the exercise. That is a huge offender for me. And I hope to be able to take my love of cooking as a hobby to create tasty dishes that are friendly to my efforts of losing weight. So I wanted to say Hi to everyone, and let you all know I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions and seeking a lot of advice. I've never had to work this hard at losing weight, so I know very little.
Nannerpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there

It's tough, but you can do this. It'll be one step at a time.

We've got a great Calorie Counters area under Diet Central. You should be able to find a lot of support & calorie advice there. Then there's the 40-somethings, and the 50 + area (for when you do make the transition ) and there are groups based on how much you'd like to lose as well as challenge threads for exercise and so much more (as I'm sure you've found from lurking).

Post, ask questions, be a part of any group that you're comfortable with.

You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Nanner -

Faerie already directed you to some of my FAVORITE spots here, so check those out. Then, just keep coming here, keep posting, and keep going.

I can't wait to hear more from you soon and get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5'4

Thank you all so much for your responses. I'm hoping to make this a productive habit on my to a thinner and healthier me. LOL, it's kinda contagious. I was talking to my hubby a little while ago, he is game to help out for me and join in on a healthier eating schedule. He is already working out, has lost weight and gained a bit in muscle vs fat. I just know I have to, we have been talking about it for a while, and he is quite supportive!! I'm looking forward to chatting with you all more in days to come.
Nannerpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #5  
No description available.

I think a lot of us here are foodies. You can definitely lose weight by eating fresh, delicious foods. We like to share recipes here! No deprivation in the yumminess arena!

I'm glad you're here.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #6  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Newbie here! looking for some support and help with navigating on this site I did reply to a few posts to do the buddy thing. But there are pages and pages to that post I am near the end not thinking that will work out for me. If anyone is looking for a weight loss buddy and willing to deal with a newbie to this site please let me know. Thanks much Good luck to all of you.
KityCat is offline   Reply With Quote