Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170lbs/170lbs/130lbs

Height: 5"5

Default Hi, I'm new :):):)

Hello everyone, I'm new here and looking for support in helping overcome my overeating, and encouragement for weight loss. I have been overeating for as long as I can remember, every monday pretending this was the start of new life, where I don't eat as much. Giving up on a mon/tues/wed....and binge eating constantly til the next monday. All the while feelign despressed, worthless and ugly. It's become a much bigger problem now, as I recently moved out of my parents home and with me not having any junk food in at all I am ordering up to £15 worth of takeaways a night, and i just cant afford it!

I don't buy clothes that wouldn't fit me when I am slim (always a case of "when" not "if")...which means I end up with clothing that is too small, and so i have to cover up...ie wear floaty tops with jeans so you can't tell they are actually digging into my skin!!

I would also be happy to encourage others here too Please let me know if you have the same symptoms as me!!!

Last edited by blondie; 12-15-2008 at 02:53 PM.
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

You've found a great place for support, encouragement, and information. I've been in the same place you are-trying to start the week healthy and then messing up and bingeing for days or months. I started visiting here and learned a lot about many different eating plans, but decided to do calorie counting as it's easier to also feed the family. The most important thing I learned is to just commit to doing whatever plan you decide on and do it. In fact, I chose not to start my plan on a Monday. Just do it and if you mess up, get back on plan at the next meal-don't wait until the next day or week.

Remember, we're all here to help each other and really want everyone to become more healthy. Best wishes to you and too!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

We've all got a problem with overeating. Slowly but surely you can work past it. The "I'll Begin Monday" diet is a bad habit. And as you've seen it doesn't lead to long-lasting good habits or weight loss.

So let's begin where it really begins. Right now, this very moment. It's all about modifying our behaviors, one at a time, until we're consistently eating healthier & exercising more than we used to.

What do you have in your house to eat? Get a good grocery list together, and stock up. And immediately, no takeaway. Or perhaps, takeaway only one night a week.

Stop buying for any other time than RIGHT NOW. We have to live in the now, why punish yourself with ill-fitting clothes?

There are so many groups around 3FC, just keep posting & let us all get to know you

Do you have a food or exercise plan? If not, you may want to check out Diet Central & the Exercise area to begin.

No matter what, keep posting

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #4  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

Wow you sound just like me! I always say "monday" too for some reason. Always seemed like the perfect day to me lol. This time I started last thurs. so maybe that will make the difference I have tons of clothes that I refuse to give away or get rid of because "when" I fit into them again, i'll want them. lol. Actually it did work one time about five years ago I lost 33lbs and got back into those clothes (mostly jeans) so ever since..I refuse to give them up. This is a great site from all I can tell as I just joined recently. There's a ton of great people here who are on in various places in their journey to lose and/or maintain weightloss. Good luck!!!
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hiya Blondie!

Have you found our UK Chicks forum yet? It's a great meeting place for those in the UK. We also have the "Chicks in Control" forum, for those who struggle with binging.

Wherever you settle, keep posting! I hope you stick around and can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170lbs/170lbs/130lbs

Height: 5"5

Aw hi guys!! Thanks for your messages, it's day 2, and I'm feeling really positive! My diet is really just fruit and healthy meals, lots of water and also bought a cross trainer (£150 but worth it, how many times I give up the not bingeing because I haven't excersised due to no time for the gym! Now there's no excuses!!).

This whole starting on a monday thing.....It's so silly! But I've been doing it for years (which proves how silly it is!). Need to get out of the habit! I'm going to go find a forum to post on now! Thanks again for your help!
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

WOW! I thought I was the only one that did that! LOL!

Good luck you can do it!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote