Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Default LAWL Success Story Stuck in a Plateau

Hi everyone,

I am joining today because I need some accountability. I lost with LA Weight Loss, but then they went bankrupt. I continued to lose (total of 60 pounds), but I have having a really hard time trying to break out of this plateau. I have been gaining/losing the same 7ish pounds for the past few months. Part of me is so proud of what I have accomplished, including completing a sprint triathlon in August, but another part of me is embarassed that I can't get it back together again! I need help from the people on this message board to help me get back on track!

I started at a size 26, and I bought DNKY jeans in a size 16 a few weeks ago. This is awesome, and I feel like there is a part of me that wants to stop or take a break because I have accomplished so much! I know that I need to persevere and keep going, but I am having trouble with motivation!

Thanks for listening and I look forward to encouraging you guys as well!

Rose
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #2  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!!!!!! Im so glad that you kept it up! I too have a part of me that thinks, "yay, I've gotten to a 12 and Im feeling great... no need to DO more..." Yeah... Anyways.
You'll do great here. Theres all kinds of forums, including a LAWL, (i think)
We all look foward to seeing where you go! Good luck!
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum, Rose!

Don't let your guard down! You can be "the old you" if you want to go back to your previous eating habits, but the weight will certainly come with it. If we want to maintain, we can't go back to that person with the poor lifestyle eating/exercise habits. Choose the new you, and stick with her!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #4  
on Changing Sizes plan C

S/C/G: 220/171/140

Height: 5'11"

Hello Rose -

I too know the "LAWL plateau" - my center closed here in AZ a while back and I can follow the plan OK on my own, but miss having someone call me out when I get off track (BEFORE the scale starts to climb!). There are a lot of ways to get the accountability and I think these groups are great for that.

Let me know how I can help and we'll team up. I've got 40 pounds more to my goal weight and just started a new plan to get there.

Talk to you soon -

Jenn from AZ
Jenniferk2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #5  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Hey Jenn! Thanks so much for the buddying up offer! That would be awesome! What is your goal date for losing your 40 pounds? I would like to be down ~35 pounds by mid-March, when I am going to Mexico with friends!

What is the new plan you've started? I am going to get back to the LAWL reciepes and tracking system. It really worked for me when I was doing it 100%!

I am assistant directing a play at the school where I teach, so I have been working out in the mornings. How frequently do you work out?

I just did a "Turkey Trot" 5K on Thanksgiving morning, and ran the full 3.1 miles all the way, so that is a great encourager for me. I surprised myself, and it was awesome!

Again, I appreciate the offer for mutual support! I know what I have to do, I just need to do it!

Talk to you soon! Looking forward to reaching some goals!
Rose
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #6  
on Changing Sizes plan C

S/C/G: 220/171/140

Height: 5'11"

Hi Rose -

Thanks for your private message to me! I guess I cannot yet respond to private message until I have 10 posts, so I'm replying to you here and will send you a msg in a little while.

Talk with you soon!

Jenn
Jenniferk2008 is offline   Reply With Quote