Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #1  
Dora

S/C/G: 142/141.4/135

Height: 5'.5"

Default Introducing Dora

Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for letting me join you.

6 years ago, I went through a divorce. I moved to a small place and could no longer afford my gym membership. I also quit teaching fitness classes, which had been my saving grace when it came to maintaining my weight. Within months, I gained 25 pounds. I panicked. I joined Weight Watchers, but was never able to lose more than 10. I am not very tall, so even at 150 lbs., I was miserable, and the worst part was having to buy a new wardrobe--which I really couldn't afford anyway.

When I got engaged to my current husband, we moved from NC to CA. Gosh - talk about pressure! It seemed like the whole world had become skinny. I was able to lose 3 more pounds, but I was drinking and eating way too much, and this viscious cycle just kept going. When I got pregnant with my son, I gained more than 50 pounds. I ended up heavier than when I started WW.

I have been working so hard. I exercise very effectively and am quite fit and strong. I don't drink alcohol anymore, even! I just can't get past this plateau. Here is why. I am a night time snacker. I just can't stop eating after dinner. And often, I will completely binge. I am sure a lot is emotional, some habit, some because I struggle with sleeping, but I am determined to put a stop to it. I want to have a place to go - here - where I can hold myself accountable, offer support and gain support in return.

Thanks, all!
Dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Congrats on the loss! Sorry you're hitting such a hard plateau. Those are rough. Have you tried brushing your teeth after dinner? I've found that I can't deprive myself of dessert, so I eat dessert every night. WW desserts are perfect and completely satisfy me.

We have great Chicks in Control area you might want to check out: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC, Dora!

Night time eating is a hard habit to break, but it is possible! I broke the habit about a year ago, and I still can't believe I did it. My secret? Willpower, plain and simple. It was ridiculously hard, but after about a week, I no longer had to will myself to stay in bed and not go down to the kitchen. I've completely lost the desire to eat after dinner. Occasionally (maybe once a week, tops) I'll eat something, but I'm never going to let it become a habit again.

Best wishes to you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7''

Maybe you could find a way to deviate yourself? Perhaps put a picture from a magazine on the fridge- someone you want to look like, or motivational quotes. I am putting a picture of myself in my bra and underwear on my bathroom mirror so when I get ready for work or get ready for bed I see what I don't want to look like anymore. This includes front pic, and backside pic. Backside is HORRRRID! Or it could be as simple as a chair in the walkway to the kitchen as a stern reminder that "The Kitchen is Closed" Or, just do not let yourself go into the kitchen after dinner is over. Find something that will work for you and stick with it. You can do it!
Want2LiveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #5  
Sports Goddess

S/C/G: 265/120.2

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, glad you're here.

I, too, like to eat at night. Always have. I try to limit it to stuff I won't feel bad about the next day.
AAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #6  
Dora

S/C/G: 142/141.4/135

Height: 5'.5"

Thanks for the tips and such a warm welcome! I will be on that control forum like white on rice. Now - off to brush my teeth.
Dora is offline   Reply With Quote