Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #1  
Ready to be slim

Smile Hello to you all :)

Hello .. I'm just really wanting to finally get slim .. or at least weigh a LOT less than I do at the moment .. 'cuz I weigh a LOT .. but not really ready to say how much just yet.

I'm 50 .. perimenopausal .. and just plain tired of that flobby ol' reflection.

I want to be able to move freely and feel energized not exhausted .. and .. I REALLY want to get down on the floor with my grandkids too.

I tried one time before to join a forum for weightloss .. it was NOT an encouraging experience .. I couldn't believe that overweight women could be so rude to outright mean to others in the same boat as them. O_o

But .. I really could use some encouragement as I can't seem to do it alone .. and since I found this forum a couple of months ago I've been peeking in here from time to time and you all seem so lovely and supportive .. so I'm stepping up to try again .. I'm not sure exactly where to start though .. but since I have a couple of books like Sugar Busters and The Sugar Solution I am thinkin' that's what I would like to work with.

Thanks so much .. GelliBeanz
GelliBeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Good luck! It's a shame that the other forum kept you away from finding a good one like this one for a while! This one is amazing. I've been here a day and already love it.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, GelliBeanz!

Yeah, we try to be polite here. Sometimes we fail, and have to catch ourselves.

We're definitely here for you! Please post anywhere you feel comfortable, and let us know if you need any direction!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote