Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #1  
JHG

S/C/G: 216/201/150

Height: 5'8"

Default trying not to get discouraged!

First of all let me introduce myself, I am 32, mother of 3 and have been on a diet ever since having kids. I Joined LA weight loss 10 weeks ago, I love the program and have done it once before. (The first time I had good success until I hit a plateau, then instead of helping me through it the manager said it was my fault and so I quit). I went back because I felt good on the program and it is pretty easy to follow (and that obnoxious woman is no longer with them).

Here is the deal, it has been 10 weeks and I have only lost 5 pounds. I don't know what is going on! I eat right and exercise at least 4-5 times a week. I just can't understand! I am doing all the right things. I feel good, but I have a hard time not letting the scale bring me down. I am hoping to find some help or maybe some tips on what I can do to change.
JHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #2  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Have you had your doctor do a thorough physical including checking your thyroid? Are you on any medications that could affect weight loss (like most anti-depressants)?

Also weight isn't always the best indicator. Are your clothes fitting better? Do you have more energy? Are you feeling healthier?

You might be making great progress losing fat and increasing muscle.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 11-08-2008 at 04:31 PM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #3  
I refuse to fail

S/C/G: 223.2/217.4/168

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG View Post
First of all let me introduce myself, I am 32, mother of 3 and have been on a diet ever since having kids. I Joined LA weight loss 10 weeks ago, I love the program and have done it once before. (The first time I had good success until I hit a plateau, then instead of helping me through it the manager said it was my fault and so I quit). I went back because I felt good on the program and it is pretty easy to follow (and that obnoxious woman is no longer with them).

Here is the deal, it has been 10 weeks and I have only lost 5 pounds. I don't know what is going on! I eat right and exercise at least 4-5 times a week. I just can't understand! I am doing all the right things. I feel good, but I have a hard time not letting the scale bring me down. I am hoping to find some help or maybe some tips on what I can do to change.
I too just joined this forum and I posted that since May 1, I have only lost 4 pounds. We are both doing great, because we are losing weight. I too have the same concerns though. Like you, I exercise and I even drink water which I never did before I started on my weight loss journey. Maybe someone here has the answer for both of us.
FromObeseToHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I'm not very familiar with the LA Weight Loss Plan, but can you adjust your calories on that? Perhaps you need to drop a hundred or so calories, or possibly your calories are too low, and your body wants to hold onto every calorie.

Keep at it... good luck!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote