Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:52 AM   #1  
keleez2112

S/C/G: 170/164/120

Height: 5'4"

Smile Trying to lose again..this time with support!

Hello All!
I am new to this online support for weight loss. I think I just need a lil more encouragement than just the boyfriend. He is great, but sometimes hearing honest advice and encouragement from those you don't know or see every day, is really helpful! I am 23, I live in a STL suburb in Illinois. (the "s" is silent ) I live with my boyfriend who I have been with for 2 1/2 years. Since we started dating I have gained 25 pounds and he has gained 40ish. Everyone says thats what happens when you fall in love...ha! And we are in love...i just want to be in love and be skinny! We are starting to talk about an engagement and wedding, I guess thats what is making me real serious about this weight loss. I hit 170 about 3 months ago and did real well with diet and exercise for about 2 months and lost almost 15 pounds...now I am back to 164. I am an RN in a busy ER, and eating healthy or getting to eat at all is a challenge. When I don't have time to eat in a 12 hour shift I then get home (at 8am, because I work nights) and just eat anything and everything and then go to bed! YIKES...it is a horrible pattern. I just got a membership to Golds Gym...and want to start using it. I hope having you all here for advice and support will help when I get weak. Nice to meet you all! ~Kelly
keleez2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:42 AM   #2  
Friendly Girl

S/C/G: 260/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kelly,

We just met in my intro thread but I'll say hi again!
First can I say a big thank you to you as a nurse. I have been in enough situations with myself and loved ones to really appreciate what you guys do for people and you are not thanked nearly enough.
How wonderful that there might be a wedding in your future and that you have someone who really loves you!

Good for you for joining Gold's. We don't have any gyms around near me but I have some things like an Exercise Bean, dance videos and some Pilates stuff that I'll be working with.

It's really nice to meet you.

Last edited by TurpentineMoon; 10-26-2008 at 07:43 AM.
TurpentineMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #3  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Kelly!
Have you considered a meal replacement program such as Medifast? You can grab one of their quick meals throughout your shift and then have your meal when you get home. It really heps to keep from getting overly hungry and kills the cravings. It is very restrictive...so it's not for everyone...but it just sounded like a good fit with your schedule.
Good luck with the diet and wedding plans!
DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Kelly!

We're so glad to have you join us.

Your story is very familiar. When my husband and I started dating, we both gained weight. We've been married for 20 years. Sometimes we're slim, but mostly lately we're not!
I'd really recommend making some changes in your eating patterns... even a few small ones to start. And plan. Planning is everything, particularly when you're so busy.
What about sitting down with your BF for a few minutes once a week to plan your meals? Healthy foods that you'll both enjoy without feeling deprived. There are many great freezer recipes online. It's not difficult to whip up a couple of meals (doubling or tripling them, or whatever) on a day off, divide them into portions, and freeze them for the coming week.
And if you know you'll just grab from the fridge when you get home (I hear ya), make sure you've got some healthy stuff in there. Stuff that will appeal to you.
Your best bet is to make changes that will become habit-forming. Changes you can live with for the rest of your life.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #5  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

We're glad to have you join the 3fc family! Great job on just starting the gym! It always helps me to download new music before working out

Hope to see you posting more!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote