Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #1  
Friendly Girl

S/C/G: 260/140

Height: 5'2"

Smile New Person Saying Hello!

Hi Everyone...

I found your site a long time ago and had signed up but couldn't remember my user details and truthfully, I guess I wasn't ready to lose weight then as I never took full benefit of your forum; just making a few posts and then I got sidetracked and never came back. It was nothing personal, honest!! =D

So here I am again but this time, looking very forward to becoming a regular part of this forum.

I didn't fill out my bio details because it's hard to fit oneself into a little box. =) But I'm happy to meet you and to tell you a bit about myself if you've anything you'd like to know of me.

Just a few details for now....I live in Arizona, love animals, used to be a rescue worker....I am single with no children. I am a bit (okay very) scared right now because a little over a week ago my legs started swelling. I had occasion to see a nurse who feels it's my hypertension doing it and she said I may have some heart failure. I will be seeing my doctor November 3rd and should know more then. I am also a Type 2 Diabetic. Because of these things, I have decided to overhaul myself and my lifestyle. I am five-two and I weigh two sixty. I have put on twenty pounds this year. It may be fluid weight or not, but I know it's not good.

I am signing up for Nutrisystem (already tried WeightWatchers and was always thinking about food!) in a couple of weeks, having set my mind to doing it.

I'm no stranger to forums and I'm a bit more opinionated about things than some, but I am a sincere and friendly woman and I hope you all will want to get to know me and will give me a chance to be part of your group.

Thank you.

Moon =)

Last edited by TurpentineMoon; 10-26-2008 at 06:38 AM.
TurpentineMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:05 AM   #2  
keleez2112

S/C/G: 170/164/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Moon...just my opinion on Nutrisystem

Hello! I am new to this support group as well. I was reading your Introduction thread and saw that you are going to be doing Nutrisystem. Have you started it yet? If so, what do you think of the food so far? I tried it last year and just did not care for the food. The tastes were very bland and made me want to eat the things that were bad for me even more. But I have heard from some friends that they liked Nutrisystem....just my two cents... Hope your swelling in the legs gets better. I am a ER nurse and see how often that extra fluid will creep on you so fast and cause some nasty pneumonia...so be careful!! Best of luck on the weight loss!
keleez2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #3  
Friendly Girl

Hi Keleez!

Thank you for welcoming me and for your good wishes.
I haven't started Nutrisystem yet but I have heard both good and bad about their food. I chose them because with Weight Watchers I was always having to do points and think about food and I just wasn't diligent enough for it. I'm a lazy dieter! I figured I needed something where I could just eat the specified meal when I was supposed to and not have to think much about it or cook my own food. At least while I'm starting out.

Money is stopping me from being on right away but when payday gets here I will be signing up and I'll let you know how I like their food.

It's nice meeting you!

Moon
Old 10-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to 3fc Moon

Lots of advice and support here! We have a NutriSystem chat thread here where I'm sure you can get all the scoop on you program.
Good Luck!

DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #5  
Friendly Girl

Thank you DJ, it's nice to meet you
Old 10-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #6  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Nutrisystem seems like a great diet tool! Good luck! Don't give up, and posting here really helps! There is a NS forum, that would be great for you.

jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #7  

Hi, I too am new to this forum and hope to get the support I so despratly need! My goal is to at least lose 20lbs but according to my doctor I should weigh 125lbs. I am at 171lbs. I am 5'3". Does anyone know were I should be at? I was at my highest last year when I was pregnant with my daughter. I went up to 225lbs. I have now lost most of the baby fat, and am struggling to tone up and lose more! Please give me advice! and also if you can tell me how to get around on this forum! Its kind of confusing, and dont know were to start, so I thought I'd start here! thanks to all in advance!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote