Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 04:45 PM   #1  

Question Pretty new here, anyone wanna try this?

Hey, I am new here. I think this site is fabulous!!! I am eating a low fat diet, generated greatly by Susan Powter, and a few other references. I can eat whatever I want as long as it is low in fat, and not exceed calories reccomended for my weight. Hey, I 3 weeks I lost 16 pounds of FAT!! I am going to reweigh on Friday, should be more. ANybody want to join me!! If so reply

Latisia

cw250??gw160
Old 04-13-2002, 03:16 PM   #2  

Thumbs up I guess not

I suppose no one is interested. Just so you all know, I have lost , at the least, 2 pounds a week. Just watching my fat, exercising, and eating sensible portions.

Latisia
Old 04-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #3  
Give Peace A Chance !

You have a PM T-girl
Old 04-13-2002, 06:29 PM   #4  

HI T Girl
your diet sound great,i would love to hear more about it .I'm looking for a way to get going again maybe this is it . I'm hoping maybe we can help each other make it to or goal.
I hope you kept up the good work ,what you lost so for is great. Don't let other get you down ,just kept thinking how for you have come .
Old 04-14-2002, 09:46 PM   #5  

Default Hey!!

Hello Lynn, I am interested in supporting and motivating you, and likewise. So far, I have lost around19 pounds in the past month!! Let me know what questions you have, and we can get started!! Just take it, one day at a time!! Thanks for writing everyone...

Latisia
266/247/160
Old 04-16-2002, 01:34 PM   #6  

Default Still maintaining

I am still doing well, a main pointer, is to avoid empty carbohydrates with no qualities to help fill you up(fiber) eat food that is as close to its natural state as you can get it. If not, get whole wheat products, instead of like a original bagel try wheat, or wheat bread. Yogurt is wonderful!! fruits, veggies, nonfat cheese, mayo, sauces. DOnt starve yourself, that leads to binging!! I just wanted to put a few words in .

Also, this is not a diet, think of it as a long term, change of eating, or it probably wont work!!!

Latisia
Old 08-29-2004, 09:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/239/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Susan Powter

Hi! I noticed you were using Susan Powter's tips. I've been searching the web for info on her stuff - her own official site has been taken town and is being re-vamped, so no forums there

I think I'm going to start a thread asking anyone else who is interested in Powter's weight loss strategies to join in and discuss her stuff.

I'm an "oldie" to her weight loss, but I dropped out years ago - for STUPID reasons. See, I lost, back then, over 60 pounds just by reading and implementing her book "Stop the Insanity" with the food and exercise tips. I was nearly to my goal weight! But, I had someone tell me that I shouldn't be following her plan, because she wasn't a religious person. The "friend" literally GUILTED me into stopping - can't blame her if I was that weak, though. When I stopped, I gained it all back - and more - until I weighed 320 pounds.

Since then, I've tried Atkins, South Beach Diet, Protein Power, Carb Addicts, Weight Watchers, Slimfast, diet pills, extreme exercise, fasting...you name it, I've tried it. And I would always lose a few pounds of water weight, but then stall - no matter how faithful I was to the plan. Then, awhile back, I was griping about it and my husband, after reassuring me that he loved me exactly as I am (smart boy *grin*) said, "You know, years ago you lost a bunch of weight. What diet plan was that?"

It threw me for a loop - of COURSE! It was Susan Powter's plan and encouragement that helped me lose that weight before - and I remembered why I had quit. I'm a heckuva lot stronger-willed than I was when I was young, and ain't nobody gonna tell me that I shouldn't follow a weight loss plan simply because the person who prescribes it is non-religious, or insane, or whatever...who cares?!? Frankly, I was insane to stop! So, I'm stopping the insanity again and starting to live by those guidelines. I'm getting the old book (and maybe the new - she makes me laugh), and I'm getting back to what works. BTW, I'm starting at 268 lbs. I did manage to lose a little with all the yo-yo diets.

Good luck with your continued success!

Kristen
Closed Thread