Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/?/155

Height: 5'8

Unhappy So lost

I last weighed in at 270 and I know this year I am going to meet my ultimate weight loss goal! I joined OA and I am really confused about it, I mean I really am not sure If I fit into the category of food addiction.

I went on antipsychotic meds when I was 21 and I balooned from 155 to 240 in like five months. Then I kept going up and up over the five years, it isn't a food addiction more as a hunger control issue with each med.

So now I take Metaphorin so i don't get diabetes and I am on a better anitpsychotic med,

So I thought emotional support, I don't find OA meeting my needs. So I am thinking of just dropping out.

I don't have an addiction, I need actually just support, while I loose my weight.

I feel horrible because I bought the material, and now I have to explain to my parents who drive me, "Yes another thing to drop out of"

I have an excellent counselor who doesn't want me obsessing over weight scales, food calorie counting, because it enforces my past bullemic trigger.

I am being weighed once a month by my counselor.

I however feel I am excelling!!

I started working out five days a week a week ago, I work out from Wednesday to Sunday, I do cardio on the treadmill all five days and then every other day along with the cardiothe ab roller and the weight system for legs and shoulders and arms. I take monday and tuesday off, i look forward to those days!

I am not new to exercise and eating right trust me I have done it and fallen off.

But I notice in these two weeks of my exercise regiment for the first time adding light weight training I don't crave alot of things, because of the toxins being released through my sweat when I exercise.

I feel this is my year of progress, the exercise doesn't make me as hungry and I can't even really look at sugar.

I can't be in a program that says complete abstanance with dieting, because you can't deprive or you will just go binge happy.

I substained from eating at night in the group and that I have done well.

But I am lost, and don't know, I have a counselor at least to help with the psychological benefit,

But the group doesn't really offer any of that, it is just what they do that is different.

It is not just the group support or the people, it is me reading this stuff, knowing yeah I have been obese for five years,

I need more comfort then steps, I need more people I can relate too, I want to go to a group who encourages loosing weight, and exercise and eating healthy.

OA encourages all those things, but it is mainly 12 step and addiction.

And they get intercrossed because they contribute AA into it as well.

It works and I am happy,

I guess I post not knowing where I am at.

I have tried every diet program, paid and lost tons of money.

I even saw a personal nutritionist.

I will go to the OA if something can be compromised.

I can just attend for support.

WHo knows maybe 12 steps will help

But i don't want any food help!!

But yet I don't know how that works???

*sigh*

Sorry for the rambling

My name is Lisa by the way, nice to meet you all and I got refered from a myspace group member.

Lisa
determined27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

WELCOME! I can see that you have alot on your mind about weight loss, it brings up so many issues for all of us. You are doing great with your working out, keep it up! There is a section here for OA if you want to check that out, maybe that can help you feel it out more. There is alot of support here and motivation. I have made online friends here because everyone is so awesome! There are many people here that have lost 100lbs and in the process of losing it. Everyday will be one step closer to your goal. Good Luck and WELCOME! =)
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

to 3FC's Lisa glad you found us.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #5  

Hi Lisa!

Welcome to 3FC!!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #6  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default greetings!

Welcome to 3FC. You bring up a lot of issues in your post. Hope you will take the time to explore the site. There is so much here to help and encourage.

Give yourself a lot of credit for that workout routine and for continuing to find the things that work for you!
shrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hi Lisa,

You could not have found a better place than 3FC - welcome!
Congrats on your exercise regime, that is just great and I firmly believe that with time, the exercise will help you overcome a lot of issues and maybe you will be even able to discontinue so meds. Anyway, you are definitely on the right track, so hang in there and keep posting.
I have never been to OA so I can't judge whether it's working for you or not.
Again, welcome to 3FC and make yourself comfortable - take a look around the forums, there is a LOT to read and explore.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #8  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

Height: 5'4"

bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote