Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:47 AM   #1  

Talking Hi from South Eastern Indiana

My name is Tess. I'm not sure what this place is all about but I need support so I thought this would be a nice place to check in and chat every night. I was thin until I hit 30 and then my genetics kicked in and my metabolism stooped working all together it seems. Every one in my family is the same way. My Sisters, Even my mom and dad. We all started out nice and then and then it all gos south at about 25-30. Iv tried many diets and fail. I lost weight and gained it all back. I recently tired weight watchers and was doing very well but fell off the wagon and that was all she wrote. Give me any excuse to get off a diet for the day, I'm sick, My car broke down, Someone else is sick. lol and I'll fall off. Once I do that its always so hard to get back on it. you'd think Id know that by now. I'm my worst enemy and I tend to sabotage myself. Im soooo tired of it. I'm going to be 50 next month. Id like to start enjoying my life again before its over. Anyways. I'm back on weight watchers but not going back to the meeting yet. Got a new job and have to figure out my schedule to do that. Wish me luck

Last edited by tess2700; 07-16-2008 at 01:49 AM.
tess2700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:10 AM   #2  
paulaS

S/C/G: 285/tickler/150

Height: 5 8

Welcome aboard
Paulas
pkend4593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . glad you found us . . . do have a look at our Weight Watchers Forums . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18.

Good luck on your journey to better health and fitness, Chickie . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 166/163/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Tess

[from southwestern Indiana]

It's sounds like we're pretty much in the same boat. I am almost 47, and I didn't gain most of my weight until I had my second child at 39. I was pregnant at the same time my metabolism came to a screeching halt.

I still feel pretty clueless about this overweight thing. You know how they say that anorexic people have a warped sense about their body size-- no matter how small they are, they still think it's not small enough? Well, I have the opposite problem. I still look in the mirror to this day and am shocked why I'm not a size 6 any more, even 25 years later. What the heck happened...?!

I have trouble with binge eating, and I also sabotage myself if I'm not very, very careful. I will say that this website has helped me immensely. I hope it does the same for you!

Best of luck!
~Wistfulgirl
wistfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/238.6/150

Height: 5'8

HI! GOOD LUCK>>> YOU AND I ARE ON THE SAME BOAT!!!
mjhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #6  
Music and Faith

S/C/G: 241/234/160

Height: 5'11"

Hey there! God speed ;o)
singerlmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #7  

Welcome!!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi from East Central Indiana. I'm on WW and I highly recommend 3FC for support. Welcome!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote