Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/158/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I love food...

and loath exercise. Actually, I really love good food but, as I'm sure many of you can relate, a busy life has led to more visits to fast food drive thru’s and skipping meals. That, in combination with my sedentary lifestyle, led to putting on the pounds.

About a month before finding you, I began improving my diet and started using exercise videos in combination with dumbbells and a stability ball to start burning calories and hopefully develop muscle. I have dropped around 5pounds so far, but I'm not noticing much difference in how my clothes fit which in combination with lowering my cholesterol are my two primary goals for weight loss.

I'm tired of being a couch potato! I'm tired of not being able to buy cute fashions because they look terrible on me! I'm planning to start a family in the next couple of years and want to be fit and healthy as I'm going to be an older mom and need to do everything possible to have a healthy pregnancy!

As I stated, I'm exercising with fitness videos which I've checked out from the library or found on cable but I was searching the web for recommendations which is how I stumbled onto 3FCs. And let me say, I'm so glad I found you!

I've read many of the threads, looked at before and after pictures and am so impressed with the quality of the group and the level of support offered here at 3FC. I intend to visit regularly and post occasionally during my weight loss journey and hope that I'll become an inspiration to others, just as you have become inspirations to me.

And I can't wait to get my own weight loss ticker =)
colebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

This is a great site filled with great people lots of support and information. Good Luck on your weight loss goals!!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/145/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I feel your pain. You usually don't feel to first 10- 15 pounds; after that you have to start throwing clothes away! I'm brand new here myself, and I already feel right at home! I have lost almost 70 pounds, wisely and slowly (one year) with 10 or so to go. We can do this especially with this great support family!
Proud of your new workout regime! 5 lbs is great!
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #4  

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . glad to have you joining us . . . you are definitely off to a good start and now that you've found us, hopefully things will get even better.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #6  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

Height: 5'4"

and wishing you continued success (looks like you are already down 6 pds! ).
bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 420/396/350

Height: 5'1"

Hi CB, Welcome
BIG B00TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #8  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/158/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, everyone for the words of encouragement. My exercise routine and diet have been off for the past week since I'm trying to get a flea infestation under control before leaving for vacation tomorrow. I don't know how great I'll eat while I'm in Las Vegas, but I've packed my resistance band and a printed out workout and hope to get it in 2xs at least. That combined with all the walking on the strip shouldn't be too shabby.

And prufrock, thanks for your words of encouragement and congrats on your success!
colebear is offline   Reply With Quote