Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/262/180

Height: 5ft8inches

Default Cancer survivor from Canada

Hi:

I was diagnosed with colonrectal cancer January 2006. Went through chemo and radiation. I am currently NED (no evidence of disease). The Chemo was very rough and I was given massive doses of steroids. I was "chubby" at the start of treatment but now I am "obese" at 262 pounds. I am determined to lose weight because it has been proven that Colonrectal cancer survivorship is enhanced with "exercise". I developed neuropathy during chemo and this conbined with the weight makes it very difficult for me to exercise.

I beat cancer...now I need HELP to beat the weight problem

thanks

Joy Canada
joycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You can do it!!1 I am a breast cancer survivor from USA!! If we can beat cancer we as sure as heck can beat obesity! Good luck!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi JOYCANADA . . . . . . you've already licked a really major foe, Chickie . . . and with a little help from all of us around here, you can beat the weight foe too.

Hope you'll come over and join us in the CRAZY CANUK'S CLUCK CLUB . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141257 . . . and since you mentioned in your profile that you spend half your time in Florida maybe that means you are of an age where you might enjoy another one of my favourite spots; the AGE 50+ forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=217 . . . and one more suggestion; how about taking a look around the DIETING WITH OBSTACLES forum, too . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14 . . . I know you'll find information about weight-gain caused by various types of drugs in there.

Hope to see you soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

Welcome Joycanada!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure you'll find more than a few supporters here!! Remember in the beginning the smallest amount of exercise will make a difference. What do you feel are the biggest obstacles with your neuropathy during your normal day to day routine? Just knowing that lets you have a guideline of where to begin and how far to go before over-doing it
Best wishes to you
Rach
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 394/See Wt Tracker!/180

Height: 5"10

If you beat the Cancer problem you had.... well heck I know for sure that you can get yourself back in shape, seems like you are one tough person! you Go!!!!!...

Elliott
BldBlue1966 is offline   Reply With Quote