Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #1  
Izabelle

Default Tired of trying

Hi,
I trying to start a diet and I am very discouraged. It seems like it's all I've done all my life. It's always those 30 pounds..........
All I think about all day is losing them, first thing I think of in the morning, last thing I think of at night.
I hate to do things because of my excess weight.
I am active.
I have lots of clothes that are too small to wear.
Maybe I'm not even in the right area to post ??? Sometimes these web sites are confusing.
I guess I'm just at the end of my dieting rope !! Izabelle
Izabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Izabelle . . . . . .

Very glad you found us, Chickie . . . and yes, I moved your post into the Introductions Forum so that people would find you to say Hello.

We all know how you feel, it can be so very, very difficult to get into the right frame of mind to lose weight. You have come to a great place for lots and lots of support and encouragement by joining 3FC. We are all here for you and wish you the very best of luck.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #3  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey Izabelle

When I read your story its like hearing my own story. I have been on one kid of diet or another it seems like my whole life. I have lost and gained the same 35 lbs at least 4 times. Its easy to get frustrated, but you have to keep pushing through. And believe that you can do it. Find a diet that works for you and realize that no one is perfect and yu will fall off the wagon, but you have to keep pulling yourself back up. Because you are worth it.

Good luck. And this is a great place for support. I am still new and trying to find my way around the site, but there are a lot of great people out there who will be whatever you need them to be--cheerleader or just a friendly ear when you need to vent..

Best of luck to you on your new adventure.

Nikki
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

You are telling my story. Keep going...especially now that you have found this site. They have me sticking to a plan...it can work for you too. Just come here when it gets to be to much...We all want to help because we need the help when we are at the end of our rope! Welcome Izabelle. I hope you will stay!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 148.2/145.2/135

Welcome Izabelle,

You are speaking of my story too, although my weights on the side are smaller this time around. They have not always been.

You have taken a very big step, joining the wonderful people here. You are in what I call my self loathing phase, I am there myself. I am learning from reading a ton of posts, that you need to quit hating yourself before any of this changes. That is no small step either. Some days are not so bad, some are. I know this is tough and it hurts, really bad. But you are a wonderful person who seems to like herself! I am with you in that battle as I am trying to like myself as well. Together we can do this and you will be a huge winner rather loser - of weight that is!
RedoBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #6  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hey Izabelle...
This is a great site for support and 'insight'... lots of nice people and inspirational stories... I've learned a lot from the people here those who have set goals, survived the bumps in the road, met their goals and maintained.
Maybe when you are ready you can share what food plan you are using and what type of exercise you are doing... lots of people here to give input if you want it....

One thing I kept seeing over and over here is its not about staying on a diet, its about following a program for a healthy life or weight loss journey. In the past I'd start a diet, feel deprived, stop, eat, gain... When I began looking at eating and exercise as choices I'm making for a lifetime of health, it wasn't a diet to me anymore, for me diets have a beginning, a middle and an end... I know now that my plan/program had a beginning but doesn't really have an end. I'm trying to make healthy choices so eventually its just a way of life.. I wish success on your weight loss journey..
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #7  
Izabelle

WOW ! So many welcomes so quickly, thank-you all so much for them. I am a little down today and you really made me feel better. Thanks again, I appreaciate your kindness !
Izabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #8  
I Live Here

S/C/G: 208/208/140

Height: 5' 2"

Angry I Hear Ya!

Hi Izabelle -- boy, I really needed to read your post this evening, just to know I'm not the only one out there who keeps starting and re-starting! I'm so GOOD at the starting gate, but I always fizzle after the first lap, so to speak. I'm really tired of thinking about it, too. I have much more to lose than you (68 lbs) but I'm determined to do it! I'll be your cheering section if you'll be mine.
Keep at it - that's all you can do. With me, it's just a total lack of discipline. Sometimes I think I just don't want it badly enough, but I know that's not true. I guess we all have to find our own way to our goals, and the journey's not always an easy one, that's for sure. But at least we're not alone. I hope you have a fantastic week!
miles2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #9  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

look around the site at the different programs! pick one that suits your needs and you feel you can work and stick to it! you will find great support here!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

Izabelle, I think your post could have been posted by many of us. I know for sure I have felt that way SO many times. Sometimes I just want to give up and unfortunately I have done just that SO many times too! Consequently my weight goes up and down and I never realyl get any where. But the thing I have decided is...win or fail....I am never giving up. I now have diabetes which in a strange way is an added incentive. This is a great site for encouragement and just to share your ups and downs helps I think. Also share your efforts...even just posting my efforts ..like how many calories i take in, or how much I exercise seems to help me. It's like it's out there for the world to see and somehow that makes it more real to me and makes me want to work harder at it. I wish you the best ...just don't give up...you've taken a good step in posting here...and I'm sure helped others too...we CAN do this!!
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcaroline View Post
Hey Izabelle...
This is a great site for support and 'insight'... lots of nice people and inspirational stories... I've learned a lot from the people here those who have set goals, survived the bumps in the road, met their goals and maintained.
Maybe when you are ready you can share what food plan you are using and what type of exercise you are doing... lots of people here to give input if you want it....

One thing I kept seeing over and over here is its not about staying on a diet, its about following a program for a healthy life or weight loss journey. In the past I'd start a diet, feel deprived, stop, eat, gain... When I began looking at eating and exercise as choices I'm making for a lifetime of health, it wasn't a diet to me anymore, for me diets have a beginning, a middle and an end... I know now that my plan/program had a beginning but doesn't really have an end. I'm trying to make healthy choices so eventually its just a way of life.. I wish success on your weight loss journey..
Great post! For me too...this weighloss journey has been surprising a lot about learning...about food and about myself....and about making decisions that are good for me. I used to think I had no discipline at all...now I know I can stop eating, I can choose not to eat some things, I can enjoy exercise or even do it just cause it's good for me and I like how I feel later on after it's over. I remember when I lost 33 lbs once several years ago and how great I felt. I want to feel that again! But mostly I try not to focus on the numbers so much any more...I do a little but am getting away from that...I'm more concerned about eating and living healthy and as you say it's a way of life not just a diet.

Last edited by maryea; 06-22-2008 at 11:04 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote