Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Default New because of the Book

Good morning, or afternoon. I cannot say how much the 3 Fat Chicks book has affected me. Maybe I never understood before, me or anything else, but I have learned a lot in the 3 days I have taken to read the book. Perhaps, lack of understanding has lead to so many failures. I have recently gone from "perfect" to "total frustration and forget it". I have been the doctor's and dietician's poster child, and I guess I have never learned to live with any of it, really. It has been nearly 6 months, and maybe I can start over now. I cannot seem to make anything a lifestyle. I spend so much time planning and fixing the numbers, it consumes me. Even a diabetic diet does not fit my prescribed diet--everything is carb-heavy at night, where as mine is daytime carb heavy because of my work and kidstuff (for the 9 y/o). I do so much keyboard gymnastics that my husband is angry at me, the house is in more of a mess, and meal planning is a nightmare between kids, schedules and picky-eater college kids who are now both home, and hot flashes. I just would rather not think about it and go out or have someone else decide and cook, forget the consequences. How do I just learn to live? I have decided also to get the Welsh book on clutter and read it for some help. A lot of what the description talks about both intrigued me and rang true. So now, I need to find a way to start. I have gained 6 lbs over the last months, but the Tap and Jazz classes I started last September, and fear when we travel have kept it to that much only, so I am grateful. I rarely gain when we travel, because everything is eating out and I try to keep my blood sugar about 120-125, and that works for me. I am usually under 105 at home. I have gotten my A1c to about 5.7, but I expect it to be bad in June when I go again. So I am hoping that I can find a lot of help here of the kind I need, although I am not sure what that is just yet. My mind is just overwhelmed, and maybe sad. Maybe everyone has just been too nice to me, and a kick in the butt is what I need!!! So thanks for hearing me out while I begin to figure this all out.

Kathy
TappingPeony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Kathy -

There's a Dieting with Obstacles section, with a Diabetes area that might just help you out! Post wherever you're comfortable. You can do this!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Hi Kathy, welcome to 3FC! I'm glad the book helped. The Clutter book is also fabulous! It has inspired quite a few people here to get organized. I for one can agree that I stay on plan much better when things are streamlined.

Feel free to jump in anywhere you like!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote