Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/179/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Another newbie

Hi all,
My name is Diane, I am 51 yrs old and from TN. I have always fought my weight, even won once or twice. I started at 250, got down to 145 they back up to 180, I am starting to get it off before it gets back up there again. I just do the basic calorie counting, 1200ish a day. I go to the gym as many days as I can, but every day is a struggle to get there. I just don't like to excercise. I used to walk with a friend, and I loved that, but I've moved and doing it alone is a drag.
I have 6 kids, 6 grandkids and a great pyreneese dog. My kids are all grown. My husband is a long haul truck driver and gone for a few weeks at a time. I do great when he is gone but when he comes home it gets difficult. He likes to go out to eat and even if I make good choices I still gain. Guess it is the sodium in the restraunt food or something.
I am looking forward to getting to know some of you.
Diane
kenworthwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
I'm so glad you found us! I hope you will keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Welcome back, Diane! Are you checking calorie counts of the restaurants you are visiting? Many restaurants load down their dishes with fat, salt, and sugar. They are all flavor enhancers. Next time you don't finish your meal, take the leftovers home and see how much grease is solidified on it the next day! Yuk.

Please feel free to jump in anywhere. We have a great bunch of chicks!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote