Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi from Minnesota

Hello everyone,

Newby here who is looking for support while I try to shed an entire person from me. I am currently 292 pounds (this shocked me since in my head I'm a svelt 150...). However...I am forced to face the fact that I truly, am indeed, nearly 300 lbs. <heavy sighs>.

I know new members are not allowed to have weight trackers so I will tell you that currently my "GOAL" is to get to 200 pounds. This won't be easy or fast, I understand this...I just really hope I can do it.

I am going to attempt this "change of life" by moving more, eating less but not DIETING. I've always hated that the first three letters of that word are D.I.E ....so portion control as well as moving my body more is the path I have chosen to travel.

Thanks for listening (or reading as the case may be).

Take care everyone!

Jennifer
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Welcome Jennifer!
I'm so glad you found us here at 3FC!
I hope you keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Jennifer
Hello. You have come to a great place. You are welcome in any of the threads, please read and post. We love to hear how people are doing. You will find all kinds of encouragement and support at this site. It really is true, the people here are great and understand what it is like to need or want to lose weight. You have a great outlook. This journey we all are talking isn't going to be fast and at times it isn't going to be easy. We take it one step at a time and one day at a time. Have you decided what kind of plan you are going to use? I happen to count calories and fat and carbs and stay within a general range I have set for myself. I look at it this way. I am not trying to lose weight. I am eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups each day. I am exercising. The side effect to all this is weight loss and a more toned body. What great side effects.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

HI =)

Well for starters I am eating everything I normally eat only I've beefed up the Vegetables / fruits. I am sort of counting calories and thinking of joining the weight watchers online program as I like their "point value" however, this costs money =) Any tips, tricks, pointers or advice are gladly welcomed. In our house this is a family affair. My husband and I are doing it together and we've involved the kids by doing more outside physical family activities.

Curious to see where this will all lead =)
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Jennifer
I can only say what has been working for me. Staying within 1200 to 1400 calories, 30 to 35 grams of fat and 180 to 210 in carbs. Eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups and not doing without. This isn't about doing with out. This journey is about learning to eat right and have the things we love too. Do we really need a huge bowl of ice cream when a cup will do just as well. Do we really need to eat a bag of chips when a few taste just as good. Now, I do understand there are things some will never eat again. Those foods trigger over eating and they are much wiser never to have them again. We have to learn what we can have and what we can't. I would die if I couldn't have a mountain dew every now and then lol. It always helps when those in the family are supportive and going on the journey with you. My family has little choice lol they eat what I cook. I do feed them things that I don't want to eat and when I do I eat a lean cuisine. I have been letting things slip a bit over the last few weeks. Not recording eveything I ate or maybe haveing a bit more than I should. I had to get myself back on track so I could go forward on the journey because I sure didn't want those bad habits to hang around long enough to cause me to go backward.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 05-08-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #7  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote