Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #1  
Thin Girl...Trapped

S/C/G: 255/240.5/125

Height: 5'2"

Smile Guess what? Another newbie here!

Hello!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I just joined yesterday, and started a blog today.

I'm 41, happily married with 2 step-daughters and a son and daughter of my own. Oldest step-daughter is 21, in the Army in Iraq (though due back in the States next week) and pregnant with the 1st grandchild. Second step-daughter is 17 and lives with their mom. She's broken off ties with my hubby...though we don't know why.

My babies are my son Jason who is 7 1/2 and my daughter Samantha who is 18 months old.

I'm 5'2" and about 250 right now. My heaviest during my horrible first marriage was 268. I was at 135 when I graduated high school, but since puberty my weight has always been a problem. Not only do I love food, but I'm an emotional eater and my life has been one stressor after another.

My goal is to be about 125...half my current weight. I want to be able to go for walks and play with my kids. I DON'T want my kids to have their friends comment that their mom is so fat. But my biggest reason for making this decision...I want to live to see my babies grow up.

I've got high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, allergies, GERD, chronic sinus infections...and I take WAY TOO MANY medicines. I'd like to lose the weight to be healthy, and attractive again and to feel good about myself. Plus, if I get healthy, my Type II Diabetes may resolve...and then I could possibly get LASIK to correct my vision (I've been told that diabetes don't qualify for the surgery).

Well...now that I've bored you with my life story...and if you've been kind enough to read this far...I'll just say hello and go browse the different posts.
Mama2Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Hi Mama & Welcome! Glad you joined us

Have you come up with any plan for your new lifestyle! Tour the site and post anywhere you feel like as it is full of support & motivation here - Good luck!

I noticed you are from Jacksonville, Fl - so am I
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #3  
Thin Girl...Trapped

I don't have a formalized plan yet. Just trying to eat less, move more and make better choices in what I do eat. Luckily, I'm trying to set an example for my kids, so I've actually been eating more veggies than I used to (I HATE veggies). It's odd...but lately I've been craving salad, so I decided to put that to use. Unfortunately, I don't like much in my salad. Just iceberg lettuce, carrots, cheese, maybe some peanuts or croutons and Italian dressing.

Unfortunately I take after my dad's family (full blooded Sicilian), so pastas/breads are part of our lives and we love food. Plus...the "fat gene" is in our family, so losing weight has always been difficult.

My kids LOVE fruit...and my daughter LOVES veggies. My son used to like veggies, but now he hates them. I do make him eat them though. I usually give him extra, so that when we "make a deal" and let him only eat some, he's usually getting the right serving amount. Sneaky, huh?

I've found a couple of threads I'm subscribing to...and I noticed a comment somewhere about hiding veggies in other foods. I'm gonna try to go that route and trick both myself and my son!

Oh...also...my company has a Weight Watchers group and they subsidize us a certain amount, so if my not-so-formalized plan doesn't work, I may try that route.

Last edited by Mama2Two; 04-25-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Afterthought.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Mama it sounds like your on to the right path for you and your kids, Kepp posting so we can follow your success
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #5  
Thin Girl...Trapped

I will. I'm looking forward to being able to have a signature, with a ticker so I can keep track better! Thanks for making me feel so welcome!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hello and welcome!
I am the same age as you though my two daughters are much older than yours.
This is a great board with tons of great forums and motivation! Take your time to find where you fit in and start posting.
Personally, I am a huge fan of WW. Especially if your company is supportive, I think you would do well to try it. The program makes sense and it works! I started on WW last June and have lost my weight and am now maintaining my loss. I have never done another program where I have been successful.
I have also started exercising routinely. It is hard to start but once you do, I feel it makes a big difference in how you feel.
Good luck and I hope to see you around!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote