Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #1  
I will do this!

S/C/G: 227.8/206.4/140

Height: 5'1

Default If you wish to grow thinner, diminish your dinner.

Hi my name is Amber, and, I'm Addicted.

I'm 21, recently engaged to the love of my life, (a professional student ha ha) and I have a weight problem oh wait, add on a self image problem (denial).

I've been over weight since I can remember, specifically since I was 9. You know the time when you're in third grade, and *puberty hits* (wink, wink...you know women Aunt Flo).

Today is a mile marker, it's day one of the rest of my "healthy life." I went to my first ever WW meeting last night with my future MIL. I am going to do this...I am going to change the way I think, and how I see food. My body is going to know what it's like to be hungry, which, I don't think I've ever felt.

I am 227 lbs, and not happy. In the back of my mind I'm always wondering, in 2 years will I be able to do that? Will I live past 30, if I keep eating the way I do? Just recently, I noticed how I've started to avoid steps. Even if it's 10 steps, I'll find another route. I am 21, and have a really hard time climbing steps.

So, I'm trading my Big Mac in for a BIG LIFE. I am so glad that you guys are here, and I can confide in you. You're gonna be my "new steps" to success.

Can't wait to get to know you!
Amber
maggiemooandyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Amber! I can relate to being young (I'm 25) and already worrying about health problems in the future. Congrats on making such a positive and healthy decision. I know you can do it. Trust me, I did yo-yo dieting for years, but have finally been able to stick with my weight loss plan this time around. I've lost 52 pounds so far, but still have about 70 to go. I'm new around here, too, but it seems to be a great, encouraging place! We can and will do this!!
kris10dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Amber! I'm so glad you found us here!

I never thought I could lose weight, and I have lost 30 pounds so far! You can too! You just have to keep going, and don't give up. Losing weight and being able to do more things like walking, running, sports is so wonderful!

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing! That's so cool that you went with you MIL! And congratulations on your engagement!

Last edited by bethbeth; 04-25-2008 at 12:08 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #4  

Whooo-hoooo for a new journey! You are going to do awesome. You'll get down at times, but that is when you come back here and ask us to give you a good swift kick in the butt and tell you to keep going- because YOU CAN DO THIS! Good for you and making the life-change now

Can't wait to see your progress!

Bertie
fitnfunbabe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

pop on over to the WW boards -- a very supportive group!! of course, all of the boards are...you will definitely find good support all over 3FC!!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 296/295/250

Height: 5'7"

Default Welcome Amber!

Wow, you seem like a very upbeat person! I wish you loads of luck and happiness on your road to better living! With an attitude like your's you can accomplish anything!
xonlywishesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hi Amber,

Congrats on your engagement and on giving up Big Mac.
But don't avoid the steps - actually, make sure you take the steps even if there is another route. It all adds up.

Welcome to 3FC, the best online community!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #8  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Amber!!! Congrats on the engagement! This site is wonderful, everyone's really great and supportive, Good Luck!!!
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote