Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #1  
You can call me Donna :)

S/C/G: 216/158/150

Height: 5.5 1/2

Default Hi Everybody

My name is Donna and started my weight loss program back in October of 2005 with my husband Gerard. He has since fallen off loosing weight but I'm still trying to get to my goal and boy howdy has it ever been hard to loose these last eight pounds!

I seem to be going back & forth between 157 & 160, I started out at 216, so I've come along ways just rather difficult to loose the last 8 .......

so that's why I joined here .... help
gratefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #2  

Wonder why my profile pic isn't showing up
Old 04-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Donna, and welcome to 3FC. You've come to the right place for encouragement, and I must say that looking at your stats has given me a tremendous boost. I started out at about the same weight as you, and our goals are compatible, and you're almost there!

Are you exercising? Maybe you need to step it up. Also, it might help if you try a different type of diet for a while. For instance, if you were calorie counting, maybe you should switch to an Atkins style diet, or vice versa. Perhaps you've been denying yourself too much. Sometimes I find that allowing myself to have some "forbidden" treat will actually help boost my weight loss in the following week.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations, you've done such a tremendous job!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #5  

How kind you both are thank you so much!

I think what might of held me back from reaching my goal weight is since 2006 I've had 5 surgeries and one of those had to be repeated because the first one failed, because of those events I slowed down in my exercising, so MonteCristo I think your right on the money there. I guess I should step it up a bit.

I started out on Jenny Craig and after 3 mths of being on that we decided to take what we learned from it and do it on our own, and it's worked, but maybe I should do something different. You gave me something to think about, thank you.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #6  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi Donna! Congrats on your success!

Your profile picture shows up in your public profile. If you want it to show up under your username, put the picture as your avatar, rather than your profile picture.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
Hi Donna! Congrats on your success!

Your profile picture shows up in your public profile. If you want it to show up under your username, put the picture as your avatar, rather than your profile picture.
Thank you will do
Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #8  

Red face Just Joined

Just joined the forum....I am having a little difficulty figuring out how to move around and reply properly...sorry, I don't this kind of thing often...I am working on losing 60 pounds...been pretty thin most of my life and then I hit 40!!! My husband and I have known each other for 8 years and have been married 6...he has only seen me thin in pictures. I desperately want to lose weight. I am starting to look like my mother (I am built like her but have always been a thinner version), I love my mother and she has always warned us to keep the weight off...which I did most of my life...she was certainly right about one thing, it gets harder and harder with every year of your life. I used to be able to drop 5 pounds in a week .... now if I lost 5 pounds in a month I would be ecstatic!

Hope I have posted this properly, if not someone tell me what I did wrong!!!
clio49 is offline   Reply With Quote