Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/154/115

Height: 4'11"

Default Newbie-hi there!!

Hi there! My name is Kristy I am a 28 y/o mom to a 19 month old boy, wife, ER nurse and step-mom and soon to be student--AHHH!! Sounds like a lot when you lay it out there!! I am very busy to say the least. I just recently got over being sick with meningitis (no I did not get it at work!!) and was down for about 3 weeks. The most unfortunate part about being sick, I think at least, was the fact that I was on steriods, for the swelling of the brain (sounds worse than it was)--well, I gained at least 10 lbs. which is a lot when you are only 4' 11". Also to add to that I just stopped breastfeeding before I got sick and gained some weight. I need to lose about 30-40lbs.

I have been chubby/overweight most of my life, there have been a couple times where I have lost and got down to 108 once and about 115 another, I am currently somewhere between 154-160, weighed on a few different scales. I joined a weight loss challenge with some friends and for that I am 154, will weigh again May 10. I felt great and had so much self confidence, I don't know what happened. I am a binger and I LOVE food and I LOVE to eat. My husband told me this morning, which he has NEVER said before, that I eat so much food and he just can't believe it and I wanted to say yeah because I am ADDICTED to food but he just doesn't get it. He says eat less, yeah it is that easy--NOT!!

I have started with the Superfoods Rx the last couple days, prepping for next week, as I need a lifestyle change and not a diet per se, I hope this is something I stick too, I am ready to be a loser!!

I really look forward to the support of this board!!

Kristy. (Sorry, I just love this guy and had to put him here, hey maybe I will use him for every lb. lost, thats an idea!)
kristyb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Kristy! Sounds like you have a busy life and know what you need to do to make some healthy changes. Look around the different sites -- there are age group ones and diet plan ones and also a "dieting with challenges" one where you'll find other folks you may want to talk to. Browse around post wherever you feel "at home." I'm pretty new here but have found the folks to be really supportive and helpful -- no, make that REALLY supportive and helpful!

My husband is pretty "naturally" fit, too, and I agree that people who don't struggle with weight just don't get how hard it can be. Luckily, us other "chicks" do, and we are here for each other : )

Keep us posted on how you're doing.
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Kristy!

You dear girl... what a lot you've been through!
You're smart to make lifestyle changes. They'll get you through life, and they'll soon become habit.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #5  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Kristy!! (I love the dancing carrot too lol)
Halichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote