Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/217/155

Height: 5"5"

Red face New person on the block!

Hi, I am new on the site, 59 years old and starting the process all over again, for the upteenth time, but hoping to lose the weight again. I need to lose it for health reasons and that I feel so badly about myself, I really want it badly this time. I am doing it for me, and not to please someone else, maybe that is the key. I am sure some of you have been there before too, and know where I am coming from. i went online and found this website and thought maybe i could find some moral support from others going through it with me. hope i am right, only one at home is husband of 37 years, who has no weight problem and probably never will, so he doesnt begin to understand what it is like to have a problem like this. i started 2 weeks ago on a well known program involving a new pill, and so far only 3lbs. but at least it is down and not up. i was on weight watchers for 6 months about 2 years ago and lost 50lbs. but it made its way back. bet some of you have had that happen too. well, will go and hope to hear back from someone, and maybe make a friend or two who will understand and maybe we can help each other get there.
peggy1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there PEGGY . . . You've definitely come to the right place for lots of support as you travel down that long and often bumpy road to better health and fitness. The trip does not become easier as we get older, does it?

We have an active Age 50+ Forum over here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=217 . . . hope you will drop in to chat with us, Chickie.

I'll be looking forward to getting to know you better . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Peggy!

Yes, it certainly is more difficult to get the weight off as we get older. You've come to the right place for support, though. We're here to help.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Peggy, You found the right place!! Welcome. There are lots of wonderful supportive people here. I post in the +50 "The Golden Girls", come on over and check us out. It's nice to have someone your own age to talk to, and face it, we have unique problems.

I am also sending you a PM if you want to have an e-mail buddy
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote