Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Smile my intro :)

Hey everyone!
My name is Jen. I'm 18 years old and I live on Long Island. I joined this board because I ran into it on a google search and I need a place to get some advice/motivation concerning weight loss (and to procrastinate from doing my schoolwork). I've been struggling with my weight since I was about 11 years old. I lost about 20 pounds when I was 13/14 and kept it off until I started college/birth control pills. I went from 132 to about 147 and I'm not too happy about it. I've been trying to get back to my ideal weight (even at that I was a bit unhappy) but its been kinda difficult. After browsing a few threads, I've seen that you guys seem like a fun bunch and I hope to get to know you all!
P.S: I love smilies
poppyseedbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:06 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Jen

You mention being 18, but you don't mention how tall you are. I only ask because 147 is a good, healthy weight for many heights. (For example, for someone my height 147 is somewhere in the middle of "healthy".) And of course, there's the uncomfortable 'p' word... puberty. That's right... we all went through it, and it may be that you already have, or that you still are. That usually means growing. Up and sometimes filling out a little.

Enough of that, though. If 147 is just a little high for your height, or if you'd simply like to be at a lower end of healthy for your height, then you might consider jumping over to the Featherweights area, or the 20-somethings (even though you aren't quite 20, they'll welcome you with open arms). Have you thought about how you'd like to do this? Are you exercising? Counting calories?

Have a look around & post where you're comfortable!

Best of success!!!

PS - That's a cute My Little Ponys avatar!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Hello and . I'd LOVE to be 147!

Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to 3FC. Read, explore and jump in wherever you feel you'll fit. It's a fun and supportive place.
Interesting nickname - I read it first as "poppyseedbagel"
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, you're always thinking of food. Ummm, like the rest of us.

Jen, welcome to the forum!
Please keep posting... we love new people!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, JEN . . . . . . You've definitely come to a great and fun place -- we have lots of smilies, too . We also have lots of advice and lots of support to offer as you travel that long and sometimes rather bumpy road to better health and fitness. We are all here for you, chickie.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote