Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/224/170

Height: 5'4''

Default Gained 30 back...I want to lose 50!

Hello all!

Almost exactly three years ago I started a diet and lost 60 lbs in about a year. But now I've gained 30 of those pounds back. I've been telling myself I want to reverse the weight gain, but it's been an uphill battle. I'm 21 years old, 5'4'', and 222 lbs. I've started and stopped diets in the last year and a half, but the only consistent thing has been weight gain. I've got a lot of responsibility to take - I'm a grazer, and I don't work out like I should - but I definitely need some support from people who are successfully losing weight but KNOW how hard it is.

My fiance is 26, eats like a total pig, and weighs far less than me. He's a great man, but since he's got an awesome metabolism, he doesn't quite get that I can't eat the same way he does without paying for it. We live together, and it's hard to eat healthy with him. (Not that it's his fault...but it IS more difficult now that we live together).

I am terrified that I will keep gaining the weight back, and I want desperately to LOSE about 50 more. 170 is big to some people, but I know I would look and feel much better at that weight (and I'd even be a few pounds lighter than my man!).

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community - it looks full of committed, thoughtful people!

Here's to eating right and feeling good!

~Sarah
myinnerhealthbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

good luck! its not easy when your significant other can eat and eat just remember to be assertive and let him know how you feel and you need his support! my husband has been great! he never tries to tempt me with bad food or get me to eat more than i should! he even started working out with me, its been great "together time" you can do it!!!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #3  

Thanks! I'm gonna need all the support and encouragement I can get! It's cool that you're husband works out with you. I can't even get my fiance to take a walk with me.

But oh well, this is my battle, not his.

I appreciate the encouraging words though...and the will power dust!

Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #4  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Height: 5'6"

Default Been there -- wait! AM there!

I lost 30 with a medically supervised opti-fast like thing in '95 - '96 winter. I'm not as disciplined as you, Sarah -- I gained it all back. Plus 10. Granted, there were 2 bouts with major depression and a thyroid disorder treatment in there, but sheesh! You'd think I could do better!

Apparently not. So here I am, 35 in age and BMI.

I'm trying for small steps. 'Cause I don't want to be here again. Hopefully now that I've gotten the depression managed (therapy + meds = win) and a decent career track (grad school also = win) -- I can start tacking off the pounds.

My Non-Scale Victory for the day?

I ran with my dog today. Probably only out for 10 minutes, but you know what? That's 10 minutes more than I was running yesterday....
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:35 AM   #5  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

my guess what be your fiance has a job where he moves alot.. lol My hubby east more junk food in a day then i would in and week and he is a I.I i sniff food and gain weight lol and im like this ( . ) lol. The difference is the amount of movement in our lives.. lol .. Im a stay at home mum and though i spend many hours doing all my chores its nothing in comparrison to the 10 ton of metal my hubby moves builds and rebuilds everyday . They are not lucky they burn probably 700 calories an hour for 7 - 10 hours a day .. lol doing house wrok and looking after kids i probably burn 200 calories per hour 4-5 hours a day .. who works harder??? lol him for sure .. and then they want there baked veggies, pies and heavy calorie meals for dinner becuase they are so hungry at the end of the day .. and we wanting to please them make them and then eat them too and go from I.I to ( . ) in no time flat while they are still skinny.. lol..

We cant eat like men .. and it sucks but i have leant to have a little of what he has then put a little of what i have on his plate so i dont feel any different .. lol if that makes sense .. if we have lasagne .. i give him a huge piece with a few veggies and salad on the side .. where as i have a plate full of veg and salad with a small bit of lasagne on the side.. its the same for all meals .. not to say i dont havea good serve of lean protien like chicken .. or lamb cutlets then i have a decent size peice of meat to get my protein .. i cook lean meats on my george foreman grill lol .. that gets rid of all the extra fat and to hubby its cooked quicker and more evenly so he doesnt mind that his meat isn't dripping with fat .. just a few simple ideas that make me feel like im not missing out .. its all about portion sizes i reckon .. anyway you havedone this before .. so you know all that ... just gotta work it so you dont have to cook 2 different meals ..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #6  

Kate, Amy~

Thank you both for the encouragement! It's getting easier and more difficult all at the same time. I'm getting ready to head to the specialty foods store to get lots of yummy, healthy mediterranean foods - so I know I can do this and stick to it....but I just got back from having my blood drawn, because like you, Kate, I have thyroid problems, and I'm pretty sure they are rearing their ugly little heads again.

But oh well...it's my body...mind over matter...and I know if I'm actively doing something about it, it will make me feel better no matter what.

Cheers to both of you!

~Sarah
Old 03-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/197/160

Sarah, I know exactly how you feel! My hubby is 6'3" and skinny as a rail. He's also in the military and goes on regular deployments, so I use those opportunities to purge my refridgerator. He loves Mountain Dew and gummy worms and everything that shouldn't been in the house!! Good thing we don't have kids yet so they don't pick up on his habits. But perhaps you should set up a compromise with your fiance. If you two are going to get married, he better get used to the compromising...there's going to be alot of it! For example, when my hubby was around, we would limit how much soft drinks we bought. Only 1 2-liter a week between the two of us. It's cheaper to make Crystal Light anyway! And he and I have started doing volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity. It's not the most strenuous exercise, but I still consider it exercise and it makes me feel good to help out. I hope that you find lots of friends on here to keep you motivated to lose weight. I'm counting on people like you to keep me motivated too! I have a LONG way to go!!
cvpis4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/165/140

Height: 5'7

Oh boy Sarah I know how you feel! My boyfriend and I have been on weight watchers for over a month now eating the same, except I exercise and he doesn't. He lost 20 pounds and I only lost 6. I know how hard it is to live with male. They are sometimes very picky eaters Every dinner we start off with a nice salad with Wish Bone salad spritzers( they are awsome). Something small like that goes along way!
BrittanyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sarah, I'm a newbie too! This place seems so awesome, the support here is amazing!

It is hard to eat healthy when others in your house aren't doing it too, weather it be that they don't "need" too or that they just prefer their food choices. I am slowly trying to switch over what I feed my family. I know I won't convert them 100%, but I'm doing what I can. I have started keeping quickie foods for me to eat for the times that everyone else wants to eat something I shouldn't have. Tonight hubby and the kids had homemade sub night, I grabbed out a frozen fish fillet and popped it in the mic and had it with peas and carrots.

You can do this!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #10  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hey guys you should come join us at diet buddies.. it has just started so we all getting to know each other .. would love to have you.. i find diet buddies works really well on another forum a visit and a few poeple asked about it so i started one up here .. lol its quiet atm becuase i thibk neveryone is getting over easter but .. im sure it will pick up when every one gets the easter egss out of there systems lol
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137781
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote