Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking I'm a newbie here

and looking for some friends/support! I have recently heard a new term (well it's new to me) for the leftover belly caused by having kids and it's killing me! They call it a "mom's apron" ACK!! Ok so I had my daughter on 2/14/06. I lost all of my pregnancy weight (it was all water and baby, no pats on the back needed ) anyways, my gut looks horrible and I need to get it back in line. I was doing really good a few months ago and lost 10 lbs...it's back. Here's my problem, seeing the food doesn't make me hungry, smelling the food doesn't make me hungry...it's THINKING about food that makes me hungry! Does anyone have that problem? I would like to lose 20 lbs before June 15th. I only have about 47 total to lose. I have always been a bigger girl and I like it that way because it allows me to keep my curves. I have struggled with eating disorders in high school and I don't want this weight loss excursion to bring my mind back to that state because while I thought I looked good at 120 lbs...I looked sickly in my opinion now. Plus, my hubby likes curves (met him and he helped heal my disorder my senior year of h.s.)

Well, this seems really discombobulated BUT I hope it makes sense to you guys!

Thanks in advance for your future help and knowledge!!
Frizzy McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Fizzy McGee

Losing a little weight won't necessarily put you back into the same frame of mind that you had when you were struggling with an eating disorder, but I bet that the Chicks in Control would understand where you're coming from, and perhaps help to support you to keep you from going back there.

Have a look around, post where you're comfortable. We're all here to support you on this journey

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Isn't it nice when your significant other likes your curves?!?!

My boyfriend loves my curves..and it makes me happy. I know that I don't have to be stick thin for him to find me sexy!!

Good luck!

-Liz.
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178.5/160/135

Height: 5'2''

I honestly never knew there was a word for the mom belly! Thanks for sharing that.
There are many good people with a lot of experience on this sight to guide you, and I find a lot of help in the exercise forum. Check it out.
I wish you success in getting rid of the "Mom's Apron".
wannabetiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm a newbie here too. I'm glad that you have a supportive hubby, that is very important!
gemini1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:12 AM   #6  
Not so Slim...Yet

S/C/G: 211/191/128

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome to the forum!
kwoodslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote