Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5'9"

Red face delores

Hi, my name is delores and I'm NOT on a diet. I say that because I have OCD and if I am on a diet I will obsess and cut calories and all that stuff until I make myself sick and then I go off the diet and binge mightily and then I give up all of it and go back to eating badly all the time.

However, I am also apparently developing Type II diabetes. I am 5'9", 30 years old, and I weigh 245 lbs. I went to my sister's babyshower yesterday and not only was I nearly as big as she is (and she's 9 mo preggers) but after eating the cake and stuff I was dizzy and everything, this has been happening a lot lately, and I know its my blood sugar.

As I said, I'm not dieting. I'm following the Mediterranean food pyramid and trying really, really hard to just eat healthfully and lose weight and fix my blood sugar problem. I'm also cutting out caffeine - from 7-10 cups of coffee and two diet pepsis a day to one cup of coffee and a cup or two of tea.

I just want to talk if that's okay, dont' want to talk weight loss but I may put on a ticker just to remind myself why I'm doing this.

Anyway, hello nice to meet you please excuse the rambling!
dinnerwithdelores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Delores!

You can most certainly chat We're all here to be as healthy as we can after all. Have a look around & post wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there DELORES . . . . . . very glad to have you joining us.

I'm a long-time Type II Diabetic and believe me, one of the best things you can do for the problem is lose weight. You are definitely on the right track.

My best advice to you, is to try to balance your carbohydrate intake fairly evenly over the day. Also very important that you get a definitive diagnosis as soon as you can in the hopes that your doctor will get you on some medication to help control your sugar levels. Stressing over possibilities is not going to help (stress raises glucose levels). . . you really need to know.

We have a daily chat thread over in the Diabetes Forum and would love to have you join us . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135808 . . . please don't let the title of the thread scare you away -- we spend a lot more time talking about good blood sugar control and miscellaneous fun stuff than we do about the "d" word.

Hope to see you over there, Chickie . . . remember that we are all here for you.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote