Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #1  

Red face another Noobie :) allo'

Hi Everyone! My name is Vickie, I'm 23 and i'm a NOOB! I've came across this website 2 months ago and built up the courage of joining

The support here seems so amazing and that's exactly what I need! Well i don't know how to start but let's state the obvious! I'm BIG .

I've recently joined CURVES and I really like it and it's pretty much all I have time for right now. I'm at my all time highest weight that i've ever been 288 which is what the scale at work told me I was which everyone's telling me not to go by considering the scale we have at work is to measure pallets full of paper! LOL

But the last time i did weigh myself i was at 277 which is STILL my all time high. Everyone in my family always gives me a rough time by telling me that I eat too much fast food or that my a candy devil.

But that's totally WRONG. I hate candy it hurts my teeth and as for fast food well only thing i eat that is fast food is when i'm at work we have the tendency of eating SUBWAY and King Taco when we're feeling Naughty
haha but usually it's always Subway or Salads.

In the mornings I NEVER ate breakfest but now I'm getting into the routine of eating oatmeal everymorning with 2 pkts of sugar because i buy the plain oatmeal with no flavor and i can't eat it just plain i start getting grossed out. I always drink water or Arizona Green Tea i can say I probably drink no more than 2 cans of soda a week. I really don't like soda because the fact that it's so gassy gets me all grossed out too. I'm weird sorry .

Now i think this is where I go wrong I eat dinner real late which is the only time I have time to eat which is between 8:00 pm -9:00pm.

So basically i only eat 2 meals a day but now when i'm feeling Hungry at night I scarf down oatmeal and I feel alright. I don't use milk i boil water and like i said two packets of sugar.

I've never been THIS BIG and I don't know where to start. I know i have some "Lady" issues that need to be addressed which I know will also help me lose weight and stop retaining so much water according to my mother.

Like i said I'm starting Curves which is the only thing I unfortunantly have time for. I go 6 days a week for my 30mins and I really enjoy it. But what more can I do? I mean i don't know I'm so confused

What are some tips you all reccomend Food tips would be EXTRA amazing. I went to Costco today and bought some StirFry and Tofu and I bought PAM instead of olive oil now I don't know if thats good or now...

as you can see i'm so clueless i know i can do this i know i can but I just don't know if i'm starting in the correct path i would love any tips in which would be helpful along the way

i'm assuming i'm 288 but i would love to be 200 before summer so i would love love to lose 88 pounds my short time goal would be losing 40 pounds ohh geeze im nervous hehehe

Last edited by medusa85; 03-13-2008 at 02:18 AM.
medusa85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Vickie

Many people began here without much nutrition knowledge. That's why 3FC is around! We were all n00bs once, no need to feel nervous! (Soon enough we'll be 1337.) I'm big, too. No shame there ^^

It's tough to take advice from people who don't know what you're going through, especially when they say "stop the sweets/no fast food" and I was like yourself... I wasn't getting fat on those! It came down to making sure I ate enough vegetables, fruits & controlled my portion sizes. So far so good!

Starting to eat breakfast is a really good goal to have. It helps your metabolism for the day, and you're less likely to be starving by the time lunch/dinner comes around. You don't have to eat oatmeal plain. How about adding a tablespoon of honey? Drinking more water is great! (I'm not sure about how many calories are in the Arizona Iced Tea, it might be worth checking out, also there are often 2 or more servings in those containers they sell.)

Going to Curves is GREAT exercise for a lot of people. You're going 6x a week?! You're practically a superstar! Keep at it, that's what is important.

Have you been writing down what you eat? If I may I'd suggest doing that, or writing down the calories of the food you eat. We might be able to help you out from there if you do that for a few days. Don't judge, just write down.

In the meantime, check out the 20-somethings & the 100lb club, and the rest of the site! Post wherever you're comfortable

Best of success!!! I hope to see you more often ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Vickie! I'm so glad you joined 3FC. Are your 'lady issues' maybe some of these? Just because you have any of the things on the list doesn't mean you have PCOS, and just because you have PCOS doesn't mean you have all the things on the list. BUT - if these describe the issues that are affecting your metabolism, you might enjoy browsing that forum as well.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #4  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

S/C/G: 168/161/135

Height: 5'2"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusa85 View Post
Hi Everyone! My name is Vickie, I'm 23 and i'm a NOOB! I've came across this website 2 months ago and built up the courage of joining

The support here seems so amazing and that's exactly what I need! Well i don't know how to start but let's state the obvious! I'm BIG .

I've recently joined CURVES and I really like it and it's pretty much all I have time for right now. I'm at my all time highest weight that i've ever been 288 which is what the scale at work told me I was which everyone's telling me not to go by considering the scale we have at work is to measure pallets full of paper! LOL

But the last time i did weigh myself i was at 277 which is STILL my all time high. Everyone in my family always gives me a rough time by telling me that I eat too much fast food or that my a candy devil.

But that's totally WRONG. I hate candy it hurts my teeth and as for fast food well only thing i eat that is fast food is when i'm at work we have the tendency of eating SUBWAY and King Taco when we're feeling Naughty
haha but usually it's always Subway or Salads.

In the mornings I NEVER ate breakfest but now I'm getting into the routine of eating oatmeal everymorning with 2 pkts of sugar because i buy the plain oatmeal with no flavor and i can't eat it just plain i start getting grossed out. I always drink water or Arizona Green Tea i can say I probably drink no more than 2 cans of soda a week. I really don't like soda because the fact that it's so gassy gets me all grossed out too. I'm weird sorry .

Now i think this is where I go wrong I eat dinner real late which is the only time I have time to eat which is between 8:00 pm -9:00pm.

So basically i only eat 2 meals a day but now when i'm feeling Hungry at night I scarf down oatmeal and I feel alright. I don't use milk i boil water and like i said two packets of sugar.

I've never been THIS BIG and I don't know where to start. I know i have some "Lady" issues that need to be addressed which I know will also help me lose weight and stop retaining so much water according to my mother.

Like i said I'm starting Curves which is the only thing I unfortunantly have time for. I go 6 days a week for my 30mins and I really enjoy it. But what more can I do? I mean i don't know I'm so confused

What are some tips you all reccomend Food tips would be EXTRA amazing. I went to Costco today and bought some StirFry and Tofu and I bought PAM instead of olive oil now I don't know if thats good or now...

as you can see i'm so clueless i know i can do this i know i can but I just don't know if i'm starting in the correct path i would love any tips in which would be helpful along the way

i'm assuming i'm 288 but i would love to be 200 before summer so i would love love to lose 88 pounds my short time goal would be losing 40 pounds ohh geeze im nervous hehehe

hun, hope you enjoy the site! Everyone her is super nice & very supportive!
elisarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly View Post
thank you
Old 03-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
Vickie! I'm so glad you joined 3FC. Are your 'lady issues' maybe some of ? Just because you have any of the things on the list doesn't mean you have PCOS, and just because you have PCOS doesn't mean you have all the things on the list. BUT - if these describe the issues that are affecting your metabolism, you might enjoy browsing that forum as well.
thank you for the information i will most def. look into it;
Old 03-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Hey Vickie

Many people began here without much nutrition knowledge. That's why 3FC is around! We were all n00bs once, no need to feel nervous! (Soon enough we'll be 1337.) I'm big, too. No shame there ^^

It's tough to take advice from people who don't know what you're going through, especially when they say "stop the sweets/no fast food" and I was like yourself... I wasn't getting fat on those! It came down to making sure I ate enough vegetables, fruits & controlled my portion sizes. So far so good!

Starting to eat breakfast is a really good goal to have. It helps your metabolism for the day, and you're less likely to be starving by the time lunch/dinner comes around. You don't have to eat oatmeal plain. How about adding a tablespoon of honey? Drinking more water is great! (I'm not sure about how many calories are in the Arizona Iced Tea, it might be worth checking out, also there are often 2 or more servings in those containers they sell.)

Going to Curves is GREAT exercise for a lot of people. You're going 6x a week?! You're practically a superstar! Keep at it, that's what is important.

Have you been writing down what you eat? If I may I'd suggest doing that, or writing down the calories of the food you eat. We might be able to help you out from there if you do that for a few days. Don't judge, just write down.

In the meantime, check out the 20-somethings & the 100lb club, and the rest of the site! Post wherever you're comfortable

Best of success!!! I hope to see you more often ^^

THANK YOU
Old 03-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you and I are in a similar-ish boat. I'm 25 and recently hit my all time high of 280. The difference is my family and friends were always asking me how I'm overweight with as good as I eat.

But the truth is... and now I know that my mom brainwashed me into thinking that Fat didn't make you Fat. And of course we know it doesn't, but I never skimped on it. And lets face it, fat has a lot of calories and when a large amount is added to a healthy dish it adds a large amount of calories. WHICH MAKES YOU FAT.

Ahem. But I digress.

I'm also a fairly new n00b. I'm personally on weight watchers cause aside from Atkins it's the first thing that helped me actually lose weight. Willpower and motivation are not lacking in this girl, I just wasn't doing it right! Atkins didn't teach me what I needed to know though, in my opinion.

I hope you enjoy yourself here. Like I said I'm fairly new as well. Love the people here, everyone is so sweet and supportive.
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentated View Post
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you and I are in a similar-ish boat. I'm 25 and recently hit my all time high of 280. The difference is my family and friends were always asking me how I'm overweight with as good as I eat.

But the truth is... and now I know that my mom brainwashed me into thinking that Fat didn't make you Fat. And of course we know it doesn't, but I never skimped on it. And lets face it, fat has a lot of calories and when a large amount is added to a healthy dish it adds a large amount of calories. WHICH MAKES YOU FAT.

Ahem. But I digress.

I'm also a fairly new n00b. I'm personally on weight watchers cause aside from Atkins it's the first thing that helped me actually lose weight. Willpower and motivation are not lacking in this girl, I just wasn't doing it right! Atkins didn't teach me what I needed to know though, in my opinion.

I hope you enjoy yourself here. Like I said I'm fairly new as well. Love the people here, everyone is so sweet and supportive.
thanks my dear!
hey how is weight watchers working out for you?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:40 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
Vickie! I'm so glad you joined 3FC. Are your 'lady issues' maybe some of ? Just because you have any of the things on the list doesn't mean you have PCOS, and just because you have PCOS doesn't mean you have all the things on the list. BUT - if these describe the issues that are affecting your metabolism, you might enjoy browsing that forum as well.
i just started reading that and it describes what i have not all but maybe 1 or two i think only one and i started crying i'm scared now i just got insurance and i'm on the list waiting to get a full blown physical and i will also make an app. with my ObyGn
Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

I personally LOVE weight watchers. It's a very slow process though.

I lost a LOT of weight, FAST on Atkins and gained it all back when I climbed the ladder because I never really learned to change my habits and boy did it make me lust after potatoes, milk, bread, etc.

Weight watchers really works for me, I have no problem sticking to it, and neither does anyone else in the family.
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote