Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #1  
Frannie Poo***

S/C/G: 300/274/180

Height: 5'9

Smile Tired of being fat...

Hi all,

My name is Francesca. I'm 26 and tired of being fat . I got away with it for so long because I am tall (5'9), so everyone always said how I never looked as heavy as I was. But now, I'm just plain fat (weighing in right at 300lbs). I feel gross and disgusting and I'm am just ready to begin eating right and staying healthy.

I've tried a MILLION diets, most of which failed miserably. The others that worked--losing 10-15lbs but then I'd lose the motivation to keep on it.

Right now, I'm recognizing the season of Lent. With this, I've given up all fried foods and eating after 9pm (I work a late shift). People have noticed that I've lost weight, which is always a great thing to hear. Unfortunately, I don't own a scale so I can neither confirm nor deny this.

At this point, I want to continue my Lenton sacrifice after Easter, and I want to up my dietary fibers and lower my simple carb intake.

The best diet I was on (and I actually enjoyed) was one full of veggies, extra virgin olive oil, chicken, turkey, shrimp and crab meat, whole wheat breads, and brothy soups.

Wish me luck and if anyone has anything to contribute or recommend, believe me I am a sponge at this point and will soak up everything!!!!

Thank you in advance,

~Fran
itsfunlovinfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #2  
Carb fiend!

S/C/G: 246/232/140

Height: 5'8"

Hello, welcome to the site, i'm rather new too!

I was wondering if you'd pin pointed the reason why you keep loosing motivation? That might help you stick to your diet and when you see results, it will become your motivation!
ldc
FakeFrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Fran, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like making small life-style changes to start might be a good idea. For some people, completely denying themselves of favourites can result in a major binge when life throws them a curveball.
I once lost 25 pounds by eating a small bag of Doritos everyday instead of big bag.
Small changes can make huge differences.
Adding in a 20 minute walk, treating yourself to a bowl of berries instead of icecream...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #4  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Don't feel gross - you are taking a step in the right direction, and you want to change your life. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. The only thing I recommend is have a real plan. An eating & workout plan, daily and weekly. Set a daily menu, and stick to it. Set a workout time and length, and do it. And depending on how much weight you want to lose, break it up into smaller goals that seem realistic & achievable (5-10 lbs). I'm struggling myself, but if you commit for the long haul, you will see a new you!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #5  

The one thing I've picked up from this website is to not call it a "diet"!! I've joined WW but with that I'm expecting to continue these lifestyle changes forever. I've given up the "quick fix", realizing that it's all about moderation, holding myself accountable and getting as much exercise as possible.

Good luck!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote