Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #1  
I'm Lovin It

Default Brand new...again.

I guess I signed up but never posted before, I always read the forums here! I have lost about 50 pounds over the past year using portion control and exercise. But I have been stuck losing the same 10 pounds since before the holidays and I have had enough of that!! Hoping some accountability here will help me kick it up a notch or something!! I am hypothyroid as well as diabetic, so I know I have done so well considering my obstacles. But I still have a ways to go and want to start losing again!

Looking forward to finding some new friends and getting back on track
JustPeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #2  
I'm Lovin It

I forgot to add that I am a 41 year old mom with 5 boys and 1 girl. I also work as a preschool teacher in a childcare facility and I LOVE my job!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey JustPeachy -

You might want to visit our "Dieting with Diabetes" and/or "Dieting with Obstacles" forums, to discuss the challenges that you're facing.

You may also want to check out our 40-somethings forum, or find the forum that best fits the plan that you're following.

Otherwise, find a spot, settle in, and get to posting. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #4  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Cindi, glad you came out of hiding.

Have you thought of joining one of the challenge threads? That's one thing that has helped keep me on plan, and also encourages me to get the most out of my workouts..just knowing that I have to report back, plus I'm making more connections with a few 3FCers that way.

Good luck to you. I'm sure someone on the forums (with more experience than me) could offer some ideas for dietary changes, maybe if you post more info. Could be that cutting sodium levels, or drinking more water, maybe cutting back on sugars or carbs, one of those might kickstart things again! I started with just portion control, also.

Way to go on 50 lbs! That is SO inspiring!

I'm over at the calorie counters forum and the exercise forum, mostly. Hope to see you around!

Cheryl
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Congrats on losing those 50 lbs. Simply amazing! Mandalinn & Jamsk8r have given some good ideas of places to check out, but be sure to keep on posting wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #7  
I'm Lovin It

Wow! thanks for the nice welcome! Everyone here is so great. I think I may do a challenge now. I joined the biggest loser challenge at work at the beginning of the year and... "I am sorry, but I am NOT the biggest loser"...this time!! LOL! Thyroid wigged out on me and messed it all up for me. But I am getting back on track now and it will come off!! IT WILL!!