Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237.0/232/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile New & on WW Core ~looking for friends!!

Hi Everyone!

Let me re-introduce myself to you; My name is Cathy and I am starting WW (again); This time I am starting the Core Program (and I am praying that this is my LAST time RE-starting a diet plan AGAIN).

I (like many of you) have been on "diets" almost all of my life (well, actually I have been for all of my adult life). I hate being the size I am (I am 50yr, 5'6" and 229lbs). My weight literally consumes the majority of my thoughts and actions (... what will I wear?, am I too big for jet skiing? , what if they dont have an elevator?, will I fit in that booth?) I'M TIRED OF IT!!

I start diets (been on Atkins, Medi-fast, Jenny Craig, NutriSystem, Cabbage Diet, Hot Dog diet, the ever famous 5 day Stewardess diet, and even WW), I lose weight, get 'cocky' and gain it back PLUS more!

I've had health issues in the past two years (had 1/2 of my colon removed one year, had a hernia repair the next) - which has left me with a little more weight AND even more of a floppy belly (like I needed THAT!) I am otherwise really healthy and very active ... and I work full time as a nurse and also sell jewlery part time.

I am determine to lose this weight. This time I am not going to look at the total amount - but take it 10% at a time

I have done the Flex plan but am new to Core and could use a friend or two for support, and guidance.

If anyone has any advice for me - PLEASE send it!
Also, is there a room here where folks go weekly to weigh in and keep track of each others progress?? And, does anyone know where I can find Core recipes?

Thanks ~ Chat soon!
Cathy
ChattieOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ChattieOne -

Have you found our Weight Watchers Core program forums yet? Head on over - great support frmo people who are on the plan. You can also find lots of recipes in that forum. Please head on over and check it out! WW Core Plan

There are also a TON of areas here where people do weekly check-in/weigh-in threads, including a weekly check-in thread in the Core forum. You can also find the "Everybody Weigh In" thread in the Weight Loss Support area, or visit the 50+ forum, which also has a check-in.

So as you can see, there are plenty of places to check out and join in...find a spot or two, settle in, and get to posting.

We like chatty folks around here...can't wait to see you around soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #3  

Thanks for the advice Mandalinn!
Going to go check out those rooms right now

Although it's a great thing, still scary to be starting a new program and I can't tell you how nice it is to feel welcomed; Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Cathy!

You're very pretty. From looking at your avatar, I thought you were in your 30's. Good luck!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

From one WW to another: Welcome!!! I'm using Flex, but I love to see WW members join up at 3FC There's so much more support to give eachother. I hope you've checked out the WW area. Please, post wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #6  

Well, Thank you Diva for a wonderful Monday morning ego boost! :thankyou:
That photo is from last May (I remember my husband taking it on our Anniversary). My hairs a little darker (still blonde - but toned down - lol), and I'm just about 10 lbs heavier ... but thats me! :wink:

And, I am slowly finding my way around in here Faerie

I am going to TRY Core for this week and see how I do ... if it doens't "pan out" for me - I'll go to Flex.

I love the support I read in here and am glad I am now part of it!

Have a great day all!
Cathy
Old 03-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #8  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Default Newbie also

I am also new to 3FC. From what I have read, it seems to be a great site and has a lot of good support. I have joined ww again, but this time I am doing Core. It has been 3 weeks and I have already lost 12 1/2 lbs. I am quite happy with the way it has been going, so far. I have found tons of core, or almost core recipes online. Just do a search on google for ww core recipes and all kinds of stuff comes up. That's how I found this site. I was a bread junkie. I love my bread, rolls, etc. I have stayed away from bread, for the most part. I will eat a ww english muffin (1 point) with a hamburger made with extra lean ground beef and it only costs me the 1 point. Then I make french fries by cutting up a potato into french fry slices, dipping them in egg white and baking them on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. They are yummy. So I still have my burger and fries, and it only costs me 1 point because everything else is core.
Something else that's good, for lean pork or chicken is a marinade I make with 1/4 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup chopped sweet onions and 2 tsp splenda brown sugar. Since I marinaded 7 pork loin chops, fat removed, you really don't have to count the brown sugar because you are not getting much on one serving of meat. Plus, the 1/4 cup of olive oil is also spread out so you are getting your oil in for the day. It's an awesome marinade.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote