Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2008, 01:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/160

Height: 5'8"

Red face A little...okay, a lotta intimidated! LOL

I am a 29 year old female with a husband and 9 year old daughter. I was active all through school and never had a weight problem until I had my daughter. My first marriage was abusive emotionally and mentally and I used food as a means to cope. The weight began to pile on. By the time that my daughter was 3 (January 2002) my weight had ballooned from 175 lbs. post pregnancy to 240. In 2004 I suffered a back injury at work and gained an additional 50 lbs. as a result of inactivity and my continued poor eating habits. My current husband and I married in June and are both trying to lose weight together. My daughter's biological father passed last month and it's made it more important than ever for me to get healthy and lose weight. I am hopeful that with the help of my husband and the wonderful people on this site I will finally achieve the weight loss and become healthier as well!
Chysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:45 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Good for you for taking the first step! This site is sooo helpful I have a few things in common with you.. I grew up abused physically and mentally and food was my everything! I still find it first nature to grab for food when I'm dealing with any kind of emotion. But weight loss is 50% mental so this website really helps and I'm sure it will for you too!

Jill
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome.

Please make yourself at home here at 3FC. Remember that if there's anything you need, just ask.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
You've had a rough time of it... I hope you continue to post here. You'll find some wonderfully supportive people.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/160

Height: 5'8"

Smile Thank you!

I just wanted to say thanks to jillnicole03, SusanB, and ellis for making me feel welcome. I look forward to getting to know you all better and appreciate the words of encouragement!
Chysmom is offline   Reply With Quote