Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy New & in Need of Support

Hi Everyone, I am completely new to the forum thing and I'm hoping this is what I need to get me in gear. I am a 32 year old AF wife and mom, working full time, getting ready to transfer from New Mexico to Alaska, trying to sell my house and needing to lose weight. Whew, I think that about covers it! As you can see I am seriously stressed out and I find myself getting fast food quite frequently! I did this on my own once before, after my baby was born...SEVEN years ago! I keep telling myself I did it once before, I can do it again...but I can't!!! I need help!

I have developed severe heel pain and after searching the internet I know it's because of my weight. I came to a realization today that if I don't start losing weight now then I am in even more trouble in the future. I am open to advice and can't wait to meet others going through the same thingsor just wanting to chat!
SoccerMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

You have come to the right place. These are things I have learned after losing and regaining weight:
I didn't know it all even though I thought I did. For example I thought if I took in very few calories and exercised I would lose. Wrong, I only put my body into starvation mode and it didn't work. Plus eventually I would get too hungry to bare and eat everything I could find.
Cardio isn't the only exercise I needed to do. Weight training and stretching had to be part of my routine too. I have since read Body For Life for Women and New Rules of Lifting for Women. Even when I stopped removing weight in Sept. went from a size 14 to a size 10 pants because of the weight lifting.
We are all individuals. What works for one will not work for someone else. That is why the diet industry makes billions of dollars. You need to figure what will work for you for an entire lifetime.

There are many smart women on here. Read things by: Meg, Mel, RockinRobin, Glory87, just to name a few.

Good luck and Take care of yourself.

Last edited by sharonrr1; 02-10-2008 at 05:14 AM.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

Of course you can do this. Especially with the wonderful support you can get here at 3FC.

Read lots. Post so that we can get to know you better. And don't forget that if you need anything, all you have to do is ask.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
Oh, my goodness... what a big move. I'd be stressed, too. Hang in there... it will all work out, and you'll find lots of great support here.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote