Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/229/135

Height: 5'9"

Cool Good Morning!

Hello, I was a member a long time ago. I moved to the country and only recently got internet again. Unfortunately I am bigger now than I was when I was previously a member! oh well, so now I am getting back on and not giving up. I am already doing alright since I have only cut my portions. Absolutley nothing else. I hope to meet some new friends here and learn a few things!
I have three kids 6, 5 and 4. My husband is trying to lose weight but I use the word trying very loosely. How can I stay on track when he is such a bad influence? Ha Ha so I am working on it the best I can. I have thought about buying either alli or slimquick with hoodia but I am reluctant. I have tried so many pills and with each they didn't work and my husband said they made me moody. He actually threw my relacore across the room to the trash! I took that as a hint. So I will quit rambling and just say, LETS LOSE SOME WEIGHT!
tinkerbellgirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome back, Tinkerbell!!
Why not just focus on small changes right now? You're already cutting down on your portion size, and it's working.
Are you doing any exercise, and if not, can you work a few minutes into your day? Even a 10 minute walk is a good start.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #3  

I am working on just being more active in general. I know if I tell myself to do something specific I will probably not do it! So even if it's cleaning my butt off for an nour or scrubbing the kitchen floor by hand I think it will help! I am so ready for spring though, because I love walking, although I am not looking forward to walking alone. Maybe this forum will get me motivated!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Great job with not giving up! I think that's the most important thing!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Tinkerbell, and all over again!

Portion sizes are a great place to start, as are ways to get more movement into your everyday chores and activities, so great job!

You've been here before, but the structure may have changed somewhat since then, so look around and settle in. Can't wait to get to know you better! Keep posting and stick around.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

back, tinkerbellgirl! I'm glad to see returning members to the site, you may have gotten off track for a little time but you've made the right decision to come back. It looks like you've got the right idea for beginning your journey to a healthier weight, and I hope to see you succeed.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #7  

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I just wanted to stop in this thread and tell a little tale about being sedentary ... now that I look back on it .... I used every means imaginable to stay quiet (if that makes sense). I had ways of doing housework that took as little energy as possible.
Now I don't mind dancing while I dust or using my swiffer with vigor. It all uses calories and it's kinda fun.

Never underestimate the activity involved with normal everyday things we do.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Now I don't mind dancing while I dust or using my swiffer with vigor. It all uses calories and it's kinda fun.
Susan, you are so cute. And so right! I tend to think of cleaning as "work", and I resent it. Particularly when some family member comes along and mucks up my nice clean house. I have to keep reminding myself that the cleaning is exercise, and can be fun! As well as music, I sometimes listen to an audio book while I'm working.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote