Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #1  

Smile Just starting!!

Hello everyone. I am just starting to make changes to become healthy. I decide to do this after my father past away from stomach cancer.
I've been checking out this site for a few days and it is really motivateing(sp). I never really tried dieting before and everyone thinks it's a joke, but I know I am ready and I know I will do this. I gained alot of weight since having my boys and I basically have been eating anything I wanted (alot of fast food). So just wanted to say hi.
fudgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there & Fudgey!

We here at 3FC are changing our habits forever to become healthier for the rest of our lives! Have you thought about any plans you'd like to follow? Beginning any exercise?

I'm personally not on a "diet". In fact, when people ask how my "diet" is going, I reply with a kind "I'm not on a diet, but I am changing the way I eat & move permanently. And that is going very well, thank you!". It doesn't matter what others say, it matters that you have the commitment to continue being healthier

Best of luck!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

fudgey sorry to hear of your dad. I lost my father 10/07 to lung & brain cancer so I can feel your pain.

I agree with what Faerie said it is a lifestyle change not a diet. This is something you want to do forever not just til you loose a lil weight.

Good luck and keep posting.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hello there! !

As I say to nearly every new member, if you keep posting here, you will lose weight. I never could have gotten rid of my 45 pounds without the help of the amazing people here.

I also ate whatever I wanted for quite a long time. At first, I was somehow able to shovel that crap down my throat and remain thin, but it eventually caught up to me and I "blew up".

I'm sorry to hear your dad passed away from stomach cancer And I agree with the others in that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. For me, it took quite a bit of getting used to and a WHOLE LOT of slip-ups before I was able to adapt to my lifestyle change, but now, scouting menus for healthy items is second nature, images of "adipose tissue" (look it up on wikipedia for a picture) clutter my mind when I see fattening foods, and I get cranky if I don't get to work out.

You can do it.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote