Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #1  
Ready to be thin

S/C/G: 272/255/172

Height: 5'4

Default New to 3FC, But tired of feeling old!

Hi all.

I turned 35 this summer (had a All-Eighties-themed party. It was gnarly! ), but I have never felt so bad about myself. I got into a funk and couldn't seem to bring myself out, especially after gaining 40 pounds since then. It didn't help that I had gone thru all the tests, preliminary screenings, etc for WLS, but then realized it wasn't something I could really afford, since insurance wouldn't help at all. I reconciled that with the fact that I LOVE food. I want to be able to have those moments of gluttonous ecstasy. Now, I just need those moments to be rare, not every day.

But now that I have found 3FC and all you lovely ladies, I think I am starting a new chapter. And I think I found it just in time. I've been a lurker for about a week, but now I'm ready to be a part of this great community. Plus, I realized I need yall.

I live in Orlando, teach high school English, and have lots o' weight to lose. I live with my fella and my cute mini-dachshund, Kemo Sabe.

Thanks for listening. And here's to my impending happiness!
lvlygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

^^ & best of luck to you!

Just remember that you can be happy no matter where you are

Can't wait to get to know you better ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

and good luck on your journey, you can do this just remember we are always here post whenever you need us, I have only been here a few days and this is a great site,
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey lvlygrrl, and

You sound like me! I'm really into large portions and good food...and that is NON NEGOTIABLE for me. So I learned how to cook DIFFERENTLY. I still eat big portions, usually, of really tasty food...sometimes downright gluttonous amounts. But I cook in such a way that these meals can be on plan. If you experiment, you'll find ways that work well for you.

I'm glad you're here. Look around, settle in, and keep posting! I can't wait to get to know you better.

By the way, feel free to head on over to the weekly check-in and chat threads in the 30-somethings group, if you like...otherwise, post wherever feels right!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #5  
is what I speak

S/C/G: 179/174.4/150

Height: 5'3"

hey welcome to the site i'm fairly new myself, but with work, things are looking up for me.
dahonesttruth is offline   Reply With Quote